NFLPA Grass is safer

Cheesedog

Reaction score
NFLPA data shows grass safer

“When the World Cup comes to town, all these owners roll out the green carpet for all these soccer teams to play on grass at their stadiums, and then roll it back out to put the turf back down for their employees to play on,” Tretter said.

Yeah and this article said NFL and NFLPA hired company to do study on non-contact injuries which foudn out there is pretty much no difference. I think players are just crying for sake of crying.

Yeah and this article said NFL and NFLPA hired company to do study on non-contact injuries which foudn out there is pretty much no difference. I think players are just crying for sake of crying.

Don’t kid yourself, the owners aren’t little sally innocent here. They don’t want grass cause it’s expensive and the owners don’t care about safety…

it's all bullcrap.... they were the ones calling for FieldTurf way back when too. All this is ....want want want...give me give me. I don't feel sorry for the NFLPA one bit

Over the years, I've read that there's anywhere from 16 to 58% less severe lower body injuries related to feet, ankles, and knees, on grass, then on artificial turf.

Then I read information, sponsored by the NFL owners, and others, who claim the numbers are nearly equal.

I wonder why there's such a disparaging difference in these two? I get the impression that both sides of today's issue tends to ignore certain factors, to insure they get the results they want from the comparison.

IMO big part of issue is lot of players refuse to wear pads on leg area. Those I think could prevent lot of injuries but players feel it slows them down so they pass on wearing them.

Back