Not WI.....My Kids

Mark87

Carpe Diem
Admin
Reaction score
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net
Sounds like solid programs. You don't end up being recruited unless you've got some tools. You don't get the tools without hard work, and good coaching.
The community made a commitment years ago both athletically and academically to be the best. We have been ranked top 3 academically for almost 20 years now.... we have a top-notch engineering dept in the HS with a robotics team and a top-notch performing arts center, they spent millions on "the arena" rather than a gym with a weight and fitness center better than most small colleges. It opens at 5 AM and closes at 10 and kids are in it every day including weekends.. let them lift and work out and they will come.

There is a waiting list to work concessions at FB and BB games...everyone gets involved. I paid to send my two daughters here rather than the substandard county schools and boy did it pay off.

Cheesedog

Reaction score
The community made a commitment years ago both athletically and academically to be the best. We have been ranked top 3 academically for almost 20 years now.... we have a top-notch engineering dept in the HS with a robotics team and a top-notch performing arts center, they spent millions on "the arena" rather than a gym with a weight and fitness center better than most small colleges. It opens at 5 AM and closes at 10 and kids are in it every day including weekends.. let them lift and work out and they will come.

There is a waiting list to work concessions at FB and BB games...everyone gets involved. I paid to send my two daughters here rather than the substandard county schools and boy did it pay off.
That's what is missing in many places these days. Politicians have turned schools into the "other" when in fact it's the community and it's commitment that makes or breaks a school. Your school is a perfect example of how its supposed to work.

Mark87

Carpe Diem
Admin
Reaction score
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net
That's what is missing in many places these days. Politicians have turned schools into the "other" when in fact it's the community and it's commitment that makes or breaks a school. Your school is a perfect example of how its supposed to work.
They Finished the fall semester with the following:
Fall Semester TEAM GPA 3.34
TEAM CORE GPA 3.23
17 4.0 GPA & 4.0 CORE
31 3.5 GPA & 3.0 CORE
48 ALL A’s+B’s!

TW

Reaction score
They Finished the fall semester with the following:
Fall Semester TEAM GPA 3.34
TEAM CORE GPA 3.23
17 4.0 GPA & 4.0 CORE
31 3.5 GPA & 3.0 CORE
48 ALL A’s+B’s!
That's what I call a successful program. Only a few will get to play football beyond high school. What the rest will take away from the program is the discipline of the program, and the knowledge they need to go on to college, or any other avenue they wish to pursue. Great program!

Mark87

Carpe Diem
Admin
Reaction score
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net
That's what I call a successful program. Only a few will get to play football beyond high school. What the rest will take away from the program is the discipline of the program, and the knowledge they need to go on to college, or any other avenue they wish to pursue. Great program!
Thanks, the expectations of excellence are required in all phases in this district, an example of athletic success is the 18 straight state championships in wrestling they have(state record). You don't succeed for two decades without a very good culture and a great community.

TW

Reaction score
Mark, you pointed out the most important aspect of everything we do in life, and it starts when we're young.

Culture. We need to create a culture that breeds success. To get there, nobody can be left behind. The schools themselves can't do that. It has to be the community, and peers, who raise those least likely to make find it in themselves to succeed.

When you reach this point, it can perpetuate itself for generations, as long as people never forgot how they got to that point. It's true, at almost all levels of life. People don't always see it it, or understand it.

Mark87

Carpe Diem
Admin
Reaction score
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net
Mark, you pointed out the most important aspect of everything we do in life, and it starts when we're young.

Culture. We need to create a culture that breeds success. To get there, nobody can be left behind. The schools themselves can't do that. It has to be the community, and peers, who raise those least likely to make find it in themselves to succeed.

When you reach this point, it can perpetuate itself for generations, as long as people never forgot how they got to that point. It's true, at almost all levels of life. People don't always see it it, or understand it.
People often mistake my "culture" comment about W/L but in reality, the most important programs/cultures do one thing, we have great families that raise great kids, we take those kids and teach them how to be outstanding young adults and It's about teaching them about being a little better each day in all phases of life... they go on to be outstanding adults/couples who then, in turn, start that cycle all over again.

Do this..... and the "Winning" takes care of itself.