offensive linemen - a draft priority or no?

I would not be shocked or complain if Dillard was the pick at 12. He is among the top OL in the draft and to be honest I think by 12 all the top defensive players will be gone and I am not going to reach to get the best of the 2nd tier D players I rather go BPA and take a OL as that is likely the best spot on board that has not been picked over.

He is a project if you want a guy who can fire off in the run game and because of scheme he played in I would be hesitant at 12 for sure

Going back to the original questions, yes OL is still a priority and maybe there will be a guy worthy of the 12th pick. For me that's Jawaan Taylor. While I'm not a fan of taking an OT at 12, if it happens I won't be screaming about it. Depends on what else is available.

Now, Taylor shouldn't be there, BUT weird things happen. Bosa, Williams, White, Murray and Allen should be gone. After that, does anyone like Haskins enough to take him top 10? How about Lock, who had a solid pro day. QBs are typically overdrafted. Does Cincy take Bush if Tampa takes White? Does anyone like Burns or Sweat enough to take a chance on their freak athleticism. Ed Oliver, who I'd be happy with at 12, could definitely go earlier. Maybe Gary tempts someone before the 12th pick. Maybe someone likes Dillard more than Taylor. That's 13 "options" before Taylor. It probably shouldn't happen, but Taylor could be there at #12. Plus if all those other guys are gone, there might not be a better option.

I still like OL at 30 or 44. That's where the best value would seem to be with guys like Risner, Little, McGary, Lindstrom, and McCoy. Plus you should have plenty of solid options at 75 and in Rd 4 for guys that can play RT or on the inside if nothing else.

I'd like to see them draft 2 OL this year. Any more than that and you might we wasting a pick unless it's a 7th round guy you can stash on the PS. Assuming you have Bahk, Taylor, Linsley, Turner and Bulaga starting, it would leave you with Madison, McCray, Spriggs and 2 rookies as reserves. Hopefully if you took a rookie at #30 he'd start at some point and you'd be pretty solid with a veteran back-up.

No on Taylor....boom or bust pick.....Have to look at film on these guys. Taylor didn't play all out. Has the skills to be great but could also never materialize. Too risky at top of draft. By ppl I trust have a second grade on him.

Going back to the original questions, yes OL is still a priority and maybe there will be a guy worthy of the 12th pick. For me that's Jawaan Taylor. While I'm not a fan of taking an OT at 12, if it happens I won't be screaming about it. Depends on what else is available.

Now, Taylor shouldn't be there, BUT weird things happen. Bosa, Williams, White, Murray and Allen should be gone. After that, does anyone like Haskins enough to take him top 10? How about Lock, who had a solid pro day. QBs are typically overdrafted. Does Cincy take Bush if Tampa takes White? Does anyone like Burns or Sweat enough to take a chance on their freak athleticism. Ed Oliver, who I'd be happy with at 12, could definitely go earlier. Maybe Gary tempts someone before the 12th pick. Maybe someone likes Dillard more than Taylor. That's 13 "options" before Taylor. It probably shouldn't happen, but Taylor could be there at #12. Plus if all those other guys are gone, there might not be a better option.

I still like OL at 30 or 44. That's where the best value would seem to be with guys like Risner, Little, McGary, Lindstrom, and McCoy. Plus you should have plenty of solid options at 75 and in Rd 4 for guys that can play RT or on the inside if nothing else.

I'd like to see them draft 2 OL this year. Any more than that and you might we wasting a pick unless it's a 7th round guy you can stash on the PS. Assuming you have Bahk, Taylor, Linsley, Turner and Bulaga starting, it would leave you with Madison, McCray, Spriggs and 2 rookies as reserves. Hopefully if you took a rookie at #30 he'd start at some point and you'd be pretty solid with a veteran back-up.
I am not taking Burns top 12 I like him but not that much if I want burnts slip back 3-4 spots get a 3rd rounder extra

Not just yes. But h.e double hockey sticks yes this team needs OL help. Bahk ain't getting any younger. If a stud is there that you think could be LT of the future absolutely take him ....

With later picks yes still take OL if they're BPA.

Regarding Jawaan Taylor, I don't really have access to a ton of tape on guys, just the usual YouTube stuff. I watched the entire game against Kentucky and parts of other games. I would agree that Taylor doesn't have a ton of nasty to him but he's got good feet, seems to have decent technique, and never seemed to give up any easy stuff to the defense, even the snaps against Josh Allen.

He plays a little high at times and doesn't exactly play to the whistle on each play, but I didn't really see him quitting real early on many plays. He might need to work on his conditioning. Seems like he can execute the needed run blocks and gets to guys at the second level. He's not a road-grader, but it seems like he's athletic enough to play in a zone scheme.

The only thing with him that really gave me pause is that he seemed like the better tackle both athletically and technique-wise. Why was he on the right side? I can certainly be wrong, I'm no expert, but other than Boylhart at the Huddle Report, everyone on the sites I go to seem to have him in the top half of Rd1. I guess we'll see on draft day how NFL guys see him. He might well be another surprise guy who drops because he's not a true "stud, can't miss" OT. There isn't one this year.

Plus you should have plenty of solid options at 75 and in Rd 4 for guys that can play RT or on the inside if nothing else.

a guy i really like in round three or four (if he makes it that far) is green bay's own max scharping. played both left and right tackle for niu. "Prototypical NFL offensive tackle, with excellent height, length, and build. Very agile for his size and has excellent lateral movement. Good bender, and rarely is caught off balance. Initial punch is jarring"

Back