Official 2021 Packers Training Camp Thread

Mark87

Carpe Diem
Admin
Reaction score
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net
The Rodgers saga at least for this season per se is behind us.... Are you ready for some football?

Things I will be watching in camp,

1. The Defense as a whole under a new DC
2. OL Continuity ~ can they gel and block as well as past units?
3. ML offensive scheme changes, probably subtle but worth watching.
4. The team as a whole, after a brutal off-season of drama how do they react on and off the field.

So let's fill this thread up as much as the Rodgers thread and start talking ball.

This promises to be the busiest preseason we've seen in a long time. I'm excited about the prospects of changes on defense. It's obvious there's room for change, and I want to see how the new DC plans on utilizing the personnel he's been given. Hopefully he'll have the right people to fill the slots, with suitable back ups.

On offense, I really want to see Jordan Love under center. I want to see what he's got. I want to see if he really will be the Rodgers replacement, or if it was wasting a pick. At the same time, need to see which Rodgers comes to the table. By the middle of the season we might full well understand where things are headed, but right now? Just a guess.

What I am thankful for is that our coaching staff has stayed focused on where they need to be when the players arrive in camp. They appear prepared.

My biggest question mark this season revolves around the front seven on defense, and the offensive line. Did they do enough, and plan well enough, to make both solid enough, to be highly competitive?

Couple of things I will be watching
  • Is there adequate OL depth? Bak may or not be ready and with that injury will he be close even during the season
  • Overall D
  • Jordan Love. I’m not going to jump off a cliff if he struggles, I’m expecting it for multiple reason. But want to see his command for the offense, the little subtle things
  • Overall team chemistry but that’s more for week 1 when it’s real but it’s worth watching
  • The reaction to Rodgers by the Lambeau faithful. Is it the story? Does it impact the locker room?

• Is there adequate OL depth? Bak may or not be ready and with that injury will he be close even during the season
  • Overall D
  • Jordan Love. I’m not going to jump off a cliff if he struggles, I’m expecting it for multiple reason. But want to see his command for the offense, the little subtle things
  • Overall team chemistry but that’s more for week 1 when it’s real but it’s worth watching
  • The reaction to Rodgers by the Lambeau faithful. Is it the story? Does it impact the locker room?
Thing with Love how many snaps will he get even? With how many QB's are in camp will he get enough work?

If he doesn’t that’s a coaching blunder
Yeah hopefully he will get Love snaps I know it's said in the past Rodgers does not like giving up snaps in practice and tries to get as many 1st team snaps he can get. Though I am guessing for pre-season like normal he wont play at all like the last 2 years.

• Overall D
A few things for me:
  • How will they employ the Smiths/Gary on the field at same time
  • Who’s going to spend the most time at the Star spot
  • WR competition beyond the top four now that Cobb’s name has been injected into the convo
  • Changes and energy Barry brings to the defense

Great points. Starting to get to be an exciting time of the year.

I'm looking at WR/TE/OL as the biggest question marks.

Second is how does GB treat Love.

And Arod better be damn near perfect after all this.

Back