Official Packers Off Season Pre-Draft Thread

At 30 you get the #3 WR maybe.... you can get a quality WR in the 2nd. I would go MLB in the first...just me

i was just reading this mock draft on cbs:

very unsettling. eason is the 4th qb off the board in the first round (to the raiders). wide receivers go quickly with even shanault taken before our pick. they have the packers selecting jefferson - even though they rank him as the 48th player overall.

hope this mock is way wrong.

very unsettling. eason is the 4th qb off the board in the first round (to the raiders). wide receivers go quickly with even shanault taken before our pick. they have the packers selecting jefferson - even though they rank him as the 48th player overall.

CBS has every mock had the Packers taking a WR that's been ranked at least the 5th ranked or lower WR at at spot and overall a guy ranted in the low 40s to 60s as a overall prospect.

Pay all those no attention.... have not seen anyone get the first two rounds mostly right in 3-4 years. The pre-draft values on skills drop because of the limited top tier players at other positions.

I miss the guy who did the mock right before the draft for Dallas Morning news he was pretty good at hitting picks.

Besides it being way too early, I'll eat my hat if Gute reaches for a WR in the first round because of a run. As a scouting department I think they will reach for corners and rushers because of scarcity, but WR, as I observe it for this GB scouting staff that is hereditarily TT's and Wolf's, is a 2nd round value position for them. Not to say that they wouldn't take a WR bottom of the first if the value was right, but I see no chance they will reach in the first for that position.

So with the Packers having around $40 million in cap space if the Packers cut Graham and Taylor how aggressive should they be in FA? Gute has already said Kenny Clark will be a priority to resign. But you also look ahead to next year you have guys like Bak, Linsley, Williams, and Jones all going into their last years under contract. Plus King may be a FA but I figure he will have the 5th year option picked up on him so he would be under contract for 2021 but at a high number. How many of these guys do you go to in this off-season to try to extend? To me Bak would be the most important to also resign after Clark. The rest of them you let them play out deals I might try to extend Jones but he would probably be the only other one I try to extend out of this lot.

King was a 2nd rounder, does he have a 5th year option?

King was a 2nd rounder, does he have a 5th year option?
Yeah that's right I forgot he was a 2nd so yeah that would make him a UFA also after next season makes even more choices for GB then.

Back