Official UDFA Signing Thread

Is it just me or does it seem this team is fixated on big/tall WR’s?

when you see that the average size of the best cornerbacks coming out of college these days is 5'10" - 5'11" it's easy to understand the desire to find the tall, fast guy who can also leap and fight for the ball. it seems a lot of them are coming from the ranks of basketball players that were not good enough to make it in the nba.

so it looks like one of the early guys that they were hyping as a udfa signee has reconsidered and ended up signing with arizona - north texas cornerback, nate brooks.

D5Md_00WkAEed5i.jpg

Last edited:
MJS reporting that there may have been some injury concern with Brooks that may have caused them not to sign him.

You may be right, and if they are, that would be good. For the last several years I've watched the Packers 5-10 CBs try to climb the ladder on the taller WRs in the league and get whistled for interference, or burned by catches they can't reach.

I keep seeing Calvin Johnson with the Lions eating us up game after game while our guys would run with him needing a step ladder!

You may be right, and if they are, that would be good. For the last several years I've watched the Packers 5-10 CBs try to climb the ladder on the taller WRs in the league and get whistled for interference, or burned by catches they can't reach.

I keep seeing Calvin Johnson with the Lions eating us up game after game while our guys would run with him needing a step ladder!
I can never forget Moss eating up our DBs like burnt toast. Maybe this is why we keep going after these tall receivers? :)

Reactions: TW

earlier this week, the packers heard your concerns and signed wr darrius shepherd. shepherd is 5'10" and 182 lbs. at north dakota state's pro day, he ran the 40-yard dash in 4.57 seconds, hit 35.5 inches in the vertical and finished the three-cone drill in 7.13 seconds. so instead of big/tall (and fast), they brought in a guy who is a little on the small/short side, and not particularly speedy.

earlier this week, the packers heard your concerns and signed wr darrius shepherd. shepherd is 5'10" and 182 lbs. at north dakota state's pro day, he ran the 40-yard dash in 4.57 seconds, hit 35.5 inches in the vertical and finished the three-cone drill in 7.13 seconds. so instead of big/tall (and fast), they brought in a guy who is a little on the small/short side, and not particularly speedy.
Need the guy the fan can releate to and be upset when cut.

Back