Offseason Schedule Announced

The Green Bay Packers will begin their off-season conditioning program on April 20 and will conduct their mandatory veteran minicamp on June 16-18.

The Packers' OTA practices will be conducted May 27-29, June 2-4 and June 9-12.

Typically, the minicamp and one OTA practice per week have been open to the public.

The NFL released the dates for every team's off-season workout schedule Thursday. The majority of teams will hold their minicamps in mid-June.

The off-season program consists of three phases as dictated by the collective bargaining agreement.

Phase One lasts two weeks and limits the players' activities to strength and conditioning and physical rehabilitation only.

Phase Two runs for three weeks and allows for players to take part in on-field workouts that may include individual and team drills that are not competitive. Team drills may not consist of offense vs. defense and no live contact is allowed.

Phase Three lasts four weeks and includes OTAs and minicamp. Teams may conduct up to 10 days of organized team practice activity, or “OTAs” where competitive drills are allowed such as 7-on-7, 9-on-7, and 11-on-11. No live contact is allowed.

Each team can have one mandatory minicamp during Phase Three of the program. Teams who hired coaches after the 2014 season are allowed an additional non-mandatory veteran minicamp.

Nice to see some scheduled activity. It's seemed like a long offseason so far.

Consider this to be the first step to starting the new season. The draft can't get here fast enough.

Consider this to be the first step to starting the new season. The draft can't get here fast enough.

Tell me about it. Here I was happy that the draft was back on in April then I look at the dates and there's not much difference from last year.

Is this year's draft later than normal? I've been mocked to death on every other Packer forum online. :confused:

It's actually a littler earlier then it was last year I think.

You could have made money betting with me, but you're right - last year was May 8-10.

They keep screwing with it for ratings :mad: If they were smart (big if) go back to Friday through Sunday. Friday night round 1 would bring in bigger ratings... most don't have to work the next day. It would be a bigger event.

Back