One of Top Quarterbacks Interests Packers

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
usatsi_13825702.jpg

Strong-armed Jacob Eason had a formal interview with the Packers at the Scouting Combine.

Continue reading...

If Eason was pick at 30 I would not mind but lord forbid I think there would be a loud vocal part of fan base that would go nuts the Packers did not draft a WR to help Rodgers now.

Last edited:
That's my pick at 30 if he's there followed by the best ILB available. It has to be done at some point. Eason needs 2- 3 years behind Aaron anyway. Fan base is going to be a mess when AR leaves no matter what....worse than Favre.

Eason is like Rodgers. Give him time to learn, and accustom himself to NFL play, and he could be a good one. At the 30th slot, I'd grab him in a heartbeat. I'd be seeing it as a 401k for the future, when Rodgers is gone. I think that could be after two more, maybe three, years. I am wondering if he still has that same fire for the game already.

don't see many mocks with him going in Round 1; not saying it's not a good pick, but if that's who they really want maybe we can trade down a few spots and pick up some additional selections.

There is a case to be made that a QB will be the biggest impact player available at 30. There will be a run on the top OT, we know that will happen. The top 2 ILB will be off the board. I don't think there will be a huge first round run on WR but assume 4-5 off the board. You can still get a really good WR in round 2-3. OT may be a better value in round 2-3. To me it looks like Eason is more of a round 2 guy like Drew Lock was last year but with QBs you need to pull the trigger a round early.

WR is deep. 2-3 is the sweet spot for WR anyway, as Ted proved. I'd prefer OT, but if Eason is there pull the trigger.

Still too high for ILB, unless someone falls.

I agree that it would be nice if the Packers could trade down and still get Eason. The problem is, would he go early in the second round, and we'd be left not having cashed in on round 1. A conundrum. Like rpi said in the previous comment. With QBs, you need to pull the trigger a round early, or they end up gone.

Back