Oren Burks done for year

Just goes to show that drafting can be like shooting craps.

Burks had a higher pre-draft rating score than did Young.

Young was fortunate to be drafted by a team that is known for developing LB's, and he also managed to avoid injury.

Pettine was LB coach at BALT under Ryan, so he's versed in how they go about their business of developing very good LB's. So I don't think it's as much a matter of coaching, and it's not that Burks doesn't have talent to be a good player (because he does), but it's more a function of him not staying out of the trainers room.

One of the knocks on Young (pre-draft) was that he regressed as a player in his senior season.

I'm guessing this means even more big nickel, with Josh Jones, Raven Greene and/or Ibraheim Campbell filling the hybrid safety/linebacker role. I wouldn't be surprised if this is essentially Pettine's base defense.

Ok will throw a name out there for trade idea would likely be a cheap trade like 7th rounder as he really does not fit their new 4-3 scheme and that is KC and Reggie Ragland. He is a 3-4 ILB and has struggled so would you give up a cond. 7th to bring him into camp?

Ok will throw a name out there for trade idea would likely be a cheap trade like 7th rounder as he really does not fit their new 4-3 scheme and that is KC and Reggie Ragland. He is a 3-4 ILB and has struggled so would you give up a cond. 7th to bring him into camp?

He's a bit of a plugger, would wait until we see him live week 4 preseason. They might cut him. Just me

Another idea I forgot Mason Foster is still out there as a FA would he be a fit as a 3-4 ILB?

He's only 30 and really would Summers or Crawford be better? IMO no.

yeah, i was sorta half-way joking. he did have a pretty good year last year, but his first three years in washington were a huge letdown after the way he played for the bucs. meaningless trivia: foster played high school ball at seaside high, the same school that coach ron rivera played linebacker.

Back