Pack to sign Funchess?

Ran a 4.7 at the combine. Came back and ran 4.48 and 4.5 at his pro day. Safe to say Gutey has a body type he likes for this position.

Funchess ran the 40 in about 4.5 seconds at Michigan's pro day last week -- the school announced his time as 4.48 seconds -- and answered some of the questions about his speed that had lingered since a less-than-ideal showing at the NFL combine last month.

There, Funchess was timed at 4.7 seconds in his first 40-yard dash, prompting many to say that the converted tight end might have to head back to his old position in the pros.

Last edited:
Agree with Mark Meh. Guy has shown flashes once or twice but never done much. Guy has lots of drops. He's pretty much an improved GMO which does not say much.

Ran a 4.7 at the combine. Came back and ran 4.48 and 4.5 at his pro day. Safe to say Gutey has a body time he likes for this position.

Combine? That was in 2015? Come on now your reaching... he did nothing last yr. Literally nothing in Indy. It's a no risk depth signing.

Combine? That was in 2015? Come on now your reaching... he did nothing last yr. Literally nothing in Indy. It's a no risk depth signing.
Yeah, just giving a list of his attributes. Broke a collarbone last year week 1 iirc. Projects as a depth guy, #2 type dude.

Will have to beat out Lazard/EQ/MVS. Has experience.

hey, gute. i'm not impressed at all. that's just throwing money away.

hey, gute. i'm not impressed at all. that's just throwing money away.

How many local businesses could the Packers keep above water for the price of one Devin Funchess?

Don’t answer that.

Yeah, just giving a list of his attributes. Broke a collarbone last year week 1 iirc. Projects as a depth guy, #2 type dude.

Will have to beat out Lazard/EQ/MVS. Has experience.
#2 types don't have a career 52% catch rating

Maybe they want to convert him to TE. I think he's played TE in college. He's got the size.

Back