Week 15: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Sunday, Dec. 17, noon, Fox

Week 16: at Carolina Panthers

Sunday, Dec. 24, noon, Fox

Week 17: at Minnesota Vikings

Sunday, Dec. 31, 7:20 p.m., NBC

Week 18: Chicago Bears

Date, time and TV all TBA

3 of 5 on the road to start and finish is tough.

But getting the mini-bye before a west coast monday night game, with the real bye after the monday nighter is better for rest.

Week 6 bye is tough. Have to stay healthy a long time after that! Not a fan of playing on Thanksgiving.
GB either gets an early bye or late. Last years was brutal not getting a bye until December.

Actually, I like the Turkey Day game. It was the one game we could always count on getting, in the early days of NFL TV broadcasting. To those of us who go back that far, it was a treat to go with the meal, and hunting.

I wouldn't trade those days for the world. It was a great day all around, even though it was a tough day, with farm chores before hunting, and after the game and meal. I guess we all see it from a different perspective. That's mine.

I enjoy Football on holidays, but I hate Packers Holiday games. I get too wound up and don't enjoy it. Also, I'm always BBQing and miss parts of the game.

Last edited:
Interesting - 2 Thursday games, both against Detroit. 2 Monday night games. and at least 1 Sunday night game. more than their fair share of national games.

Interesting schedule. There aren't a lot of teams that really scare me but at the same time, with this team and the number of young guys they'll need to be productive on offense, they could lose any/all of their games.

For the first 9 weeks there isn't a game I'd just plain write off as a loss. Steelers, Chargers, Lions, Chiefs and Giants will be a stiff test in the middle of the season. Then they finish with the Bucs, Panthers, Vikings and Bears, which isn't a murderers row.

I can't really point to any games that seem like sure wins, but outside of a few games in the middle of the season, I also don't see any "for sure" losses either. Kinda screams 6-7 wins with 4/5 wins in play if things don't go well with Love and 8/9 wins in play if Love plays solid and the defense isn't a mess.

Not a fan of the week 6 bye either, though with love it might be a good thing as he can get some games under his belt and then have a breather and if he needs it, have some time to make adjustments before it gets too deep into the season.

Very strange seeing us have prime time games in 3 of the final 6 weeks given the uncertainty of expectations surrounding our season.

I wonder if it's sort of a "GB has big audience pull as a fallback, but the SNF games (2 of the 3) are potential flex spots anyway if someone else surprises" kind of deal.

Back