Packers 2023-24 Season Thread

You have a young WR, TE, and QB. They will all be learning together this year. Plus you have a young QB who will be learning and making mistakes and not a old vet who will yell and scream at you if you run the wrong route but just blows it off when he forgets what year he is in and calls a play from years ago that's no longer in the playbook.

I've been listening to what's been said about the OTAs in the media. It seems different this year in GB. It's as if there's an urgency on the part of a lot of players to prove that they deserve to be recognized for their talent, not everything hidden behind the soap opera that surrounded Rodgers.

Reading comments made by players, and by those watching them perform, I come away with a sense that this team may not be "better" on the field at this point than they were with Rodgers, but their more focused on being a team than they were, when Rodgers was the whole show. That alone would turn this into a successful year, even if they win 7 or less games. They need to become a team, and focus on the prizes teams win, not individual accolades.

I'm not going to anoint Love as anything other than "The new Packer QB." Until he proves himself, or fails, he's neither. He needs time to develop his game, and those around him need time to adjust to it. In the meanwhile, we shouldn't be jumping on any bandwagons of how he's the next best thing since sliced bread, or that he's a failure. It's going to take time, to see where he falls in the hierarchy.

To me, watching games this year will be more clinical, because it's time to dissect exactly which moves the front office made were good, and bad, of course realizing that they've choked themselves severely with their dead cap money. This is where Sherman was, and it took a couple of years to get rid of it, when he was jettisoned.
Well stated, a year I am going to go into just watching them play without any expectations...ditto UW. After I get a full season of Love and company I can better know where we stand but today it's a clean slate.

Well stated, a year I am going to go into just watching them play without any expectations...ditto UW. After I get a full season of Love and company I can better know where we stand but today it's a clean slate.
Totally agree on the Badgers as well.

Adrian Amos to the Jets on 1 year deal worth up to $4 million.

He was a solid player for GB but last couple years his skills in pass coverage started to decline. He was a good tackler top 3 for GB last year but I feel GB thought he's 30 years old now and this is the season to start retooling the roster and this team was not going to compete so why bring him back even on a 1 year offer. Safety is a spot that could need a full rebuild over the next couple drafts.

This season is all about figuring out where those holes are, who can step up and be leaders, and what GB actually has.

They could win 5 games and I'd be happy with that as long as it gave clarity going forward. This is a new era and there will be more down games than good this year I think as the team figures out (a long overdue) new identity.

So looking at depth so far not counting guy's who could end up hurt by end of TC

I am looking at

QB-2
RB-3
WR-6
TE-4
OL-10

DL-5
LB-9
CB-5
S-6

ST-3

This season is all about figuring out where those holes are, who can step up and be leaders, and what GB actually has.

They could win 5 games and I'd be happy with that as long as it gave clarity going forward. This is a new era and there will be more down games than good this year I think as the team figures out (a long overdue) new identity.
They better win the first game and the last game

Back