Packers and the NFL HOF

GBP4EVER

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
2022 Draft Guru
Reaction score
With the player who will not be mentioned getting into the HOF for GB that really does not leave anyone outside of Sterling Sharpe who I think could make a strong case for the HOF anymore. Sharpe I think deserves to be considered now with guys like Davis and Boseil both making it on short careers but having played great during that time. Sharpe is no longer on the modern era ballot and would need to be voted in by the senior committee. Another player who I know is mentioned by some but IMO will never get enough to support to get in is Gale Gillingham. Some suggest he was the best Packers OL in their late championship run.

For future guys Rodgres is a lock of course. Adams is well on his way if he can produce a few more big years like he has. But I have had some people suggest Bak could be a HOF level? Right now I think he needs to get back to his former self and have another few all pro years to be considered for the HOF.

Anyone else I might be missing?

Rodgers yes. Adams needs to play at a high level and produce for another 5+ years. I firmly believe Nick Collins would be a candidate had he not gotten hurt and had to retire early. One name I think people might make some noise about after a spell: Mason Crosby.

Gillingham was a beast at OG. He was a prototype OL for his generation. There wasn’t anyone else playing at that time that could match his combination of:
Size
Strength
Speed
Agility

Sadly, Dan Devine ruined his career by moving him to DL where he badly injured his knee and was never really the same afterwards.

Dan Devine = career killer

Back