Packers' revitalized defense turns the tables on evolving offense

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
In any other year, the Packers' defense being ahead of the offense in minicamp would be at least a surprise. This year, it was inevitable.

home

Continue reading...

I take nothing from it except it being an "atta boy" for the defense and their work to date.

Due to the CBA, the offense has had all of 7 opportunities to practice a new scheme in even a limited way. So... yeah. Take from that what you will.

It's nearly to a point where practicing will be off limits. Give 'em a playbook, send them home to learn it, and show up an hour before game time to suit up and go out there an have at it.

If they're required to play more than an established number of plays, they would be paid time and a half, and the time between quarters will be renamed "coffee breaks," and halftime will be "lunch break."

At lunch, the players will be given vouchers so they can go to any of the vendors at the stadium to pick up what they want to eat in their private dining area next to the locker room. As an option, they may also have their food delivered.

Personally OTA’s are a joke. It’s a glorified way for teams to see if players are in shape and getting to know the rookies. Hell most teams have some sort of “team bonding activity” on the last day.

Personally OTA’s are a joke. It’s a glorified way for teams to see if players are in shape and getting to know the rookies. Hell most teams have some sort of “team bonding activity” on the last day.

Packers doing paint ball.

I wonder, could a team get around CBA contact rules by implementing a specific "team building" exercise? Like, If GB wants to know right now how Rashaan Gary will do against Bahktiari, could ML arrange for Greco Roman wrestling as a team building activity?

It's nice to hear, but you can't take much away from it. It's nice because you'd be worried if a newly installed offense was tearing it up against the defense. Other than that, who knows. I'm hopeful but that's about it.

in the team exercise in the picture above, aaron rodgers was the only one to correctly reaise his left arm to shoulder height. this was one of the more complex drills in the otas. and one of the few where the players were allowed to wear their helmets.

Back