Packers dealing with learning curve of implementing new offense

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
Packers coach Matt LaFleur and offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett were able to distribute their playbook for the first time April 8.

home

Continue reading...

I understand why they have "limited" the amount of practice time, etc for the players - for both the physical wear and tear and for creating an even playing field among all teams. But I don't understand why you can't share a playbook with the team during the off season. They need something to do with all that spare time!

I'm excited about the new staff but I'm starting to temper my expectations year 1 and 2. It's gonna be a learning process and I think we'll see some hiccups during the season.

I don't know - with a solid veteran QB like AR there, there may be some minor hiccups at times but by mid season it should be ok. I know the general feeling here is to temper expectations, but I don't think the offense will struggle as much as others do.

There will be a learning curve. I agree that they have enough veterans on offense that you won't see a total mess out there, but both the offense and the coaches will be learning in the first half of the season. How quickly and completely they progress and process stuff will determine final record.

If Kevin King is healthy, and the draft produces a solid starter on both sides of the ball with the S and OL depth issues being addressed then 10-6 is very possible. If not then it seems 9-7 or 8-8 would be the best bets. Injuries and early struggles put 7-9 in play.

I'm not predicting W's and L's, but with the FA players they signed on defense, and if they can add a starting caliber S in the draft, the defense should be very very much improved, especially with the returning players from last year now being in Pettines system a 2nd year.

IMO..........the defense makes a big jump this year and helps offset the hiccup's that the new system offense the team will be learning.

I'm not predicting W's and L's, but with the FA players they signed on defense, and if they can add a starting caliber S in the draft, the defense should be very very much improved, especially with the returning players from last year now being in Pettines system a 2nd year.

IMO..........the defense makes a big jump this year and helps offset the hiccup's that the new system offense the team will be learning.

I think the defense will be much improved and that unit will help with the hiccups. Believe me, I hope they run off a 10 win or more season, but my expectations are more along the 8-8. We'll see how they progress through OTA's and camp. Hoping by mid season they find a groove and can really take off.

Back