Packers Finish 26th in Annual Special Teams Rankings

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
packers_special_teams-5e0e8b5581f53e00015d4a7d_1_jan_04_2020_22_14_05_poster.jpg

New Orleans finished first under Darren Rizzi, one of the candidates for the job in Green Bay.

Continue reading...

Rizzi would have taken the job in GB had we not cheaped out and tried to get him to take a paycut from what he made in Miami.

ST is tied to depth, look at NOLA on ST. Morestead, Lutz, Kamara and Taysom Hill.....I rest my case

ST is tied to depth, look at NOLA on ST. Morestead, Lutz, Kamara and Taysom Hill.....I rest my case

Yes and no. The it's a " personal thing" is kind of a cop-out. Coaching teams is about working with that unit every day and making sure we stay in our lanes and are assignment ready.
Yes on return it helps to have a speed guy who can gash you but that still leaves cover and FG teams. Zero reasons to be worse than 20th in this league IMHO. Sorry, this disturbs me more than defense today.

I thought the STs started the season in a dismal state, but improved markedly in the latter half of the season. Mennenga was a rookie STs coordinator, so will that improvement save his job? sh))

Tyler Ervin stabilized our return game. We were on pace for worst ever, so an overall ranking like this doesn't accurately show where we are right now.

Dude is a keeper. Far as I know, his talent is there, his issue is staying healthy.

I thought Mennenga was a last second we could not find anyone else hire.

Back