Packers Fire Mike McCarthy & named Joe Philbin interim head coach

I'm guessing he lost the locker room. And if you really read between the lines of his post game MM is really lost and didn't know what to do. So really no other option right now. Had to make the move.

Now this isn't all MM. TT and Murphy deserves a lot of blame for where this team is right now as well.

I'm also guessing the BOD was on the phone with Murphy before the game was over asking what he was going to do.

MM will find another job. But he's been here too long. Nothing personal against him. He worked hard for GB and gave it his all.

And now Arod has no excuses.

I know he has a family and I hate for people to lose their jobs. However, for the sake of this team, this is a decision they HAD to make. I wish MM and his family well. I hope Gute knows who he wants and goes out gets him. This is a critical time for the Packers. Hope they do it right!! thumbsup

I know he has a family and I hate for people to lose their jobs. However, for the sake of this team, this is a decision they HAD to make. I wish MM and his family well. I hope Gute knows who he wants and goes out gets him. This is a critical time for the Packers. Hope they do it right!! thumbsup

Ya sucks for his family. But unless he's a total moron he should have more than enough savings to get by. Plus he gets six mill for next year if he sits out.

Though this is best for both sides MM can take 4 weeks decide if he wants a HC job in 2019 and have his agent start putting out feelers if he does and Packers can make list together of guys they want to chase.

giphy.gif

Wow. Maybe it was 4 years overdue--not because he's a bad coach, just because losses like the one to Seattle in the NFCC set programs back. Maybe a year, maybe several years. Combo of that loss and TT's terrible recent drafting made it unsalvageable for McCarthy.

Still really surprising that he didn't make it to the end of the season. Locker room and offices must have been a pretty bad environment for this to happen?

Back