Packers for the HOF

GBP4EVER

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
2022 Draft Guru
Reaction score
So HOF voting has started and this morning I noticed Donald Driver was the top vote getter with Butler in 3rd. I said in a group on facebook while Butler deserves to go I don't think Driver does as I don't think he has the stats. A bunch of people were trying to agrue with me saying he has the stats but they were comparing him to guys who played in the 90s and before. I don't think you can use those guys as they played in a different time before the passing game exploded. You compare Driver to more modern guys who are still trying to get in and DD is behind them. While I think Driver was very good the HOF is not for the hall of very good. If any Packers WR would get in I think it would be Sterling Sharpe. Sharpe dominated during his time in the league. With Terrell Davis getting into the HOF for having like 3 really great years why could not Sharpe get in then. What are your guys thoughts on this? Does Butler and Sharpe deserve to get in? Am I crazy for thinking that Driver does not have the resume to get into the HOF?

Honestly all 3 are not HOF all time great players. Outside of ggg( land their just meh. #Hardfacts
I think Butler can get in he was one of the first ever 20-20 players and might have been the first 40-20 player had he not got hurt and ended his career. Butler and Atwater are the only two players from the 1990s all decade team 1st team defense not in the HOF.

Honestly all 3 are not HOF all time great players. Outside of ggg( land their just meh. #Hardfacts

Regarding Butler you are incorrect. There is support for Butler getting in the HoF. Not enough so far but the feeling generally seems to be that it’s a matter of time.

Sharpe had the talent but didn’t play long enough. Driver has no shot at all. Great Packer, not a HoFer, not close.

Regarding Butler you are incorrect. There is support for Butler getting in the HoF. Not enough so far but the feeling generally seems to be that it’s a matter of time.

For what ? He wasn't an outstanding ballhawk. Yeah he set up the D and was solid in run support but what as a player makes him one of the "all time great ever" ??

Beyond that I have to again bring up his shady dealings in Waupaca county and elsewhere. He swindled a lot of folks out of $$$. Sorry can't support the guy for HOF.

There are a lot of guys that I'd vote for making it before all three of them. I don't see it happening. If it does, I'll lose even more faith in those doing the selecting.

Back