Packers GM eyes 2020 QBs, calls them 'good crop'

Cheesedog

Reaction score
Packers GM eyes 2020 QBs, calls them 'good crop'

"Everything I've been taught, that's where you start," Gutekunst said, via USA Today. "You start with the quarterback. So you evaluate them every year, and I think it's always on the table. It's a good crop this year. It's a good group of quarterbacks. I think it's a little deeper than it has been in the past. It will be interesting."

Again, slow time of year and everyone is blowing smoke and mirrors... but at least it's Packers

I think it might boil down to which QB's are still on the board at #30 and #62. If one of the top 6 QB's slides for some reason, you might see them pull the trigger (as long as ML believes that the prospect would "fit" in his offense).

Beyond that, if they don't take one in that range, IMO it's likely 50/50 that they would draft anyone else.

Well 3 are locks to be gone , Burrow, Tua and Hebert. Next 3 are season Eason, Love and Fromm. Personally 50/50 on Eason next 2 I would pass. Just me

Agree Pack. The first 3 are long gone, I think. Eason would be my choice of the remaining 3 as well. It'll be interesting to see how other teams value them. There are plenty of teams chasing QBs and some veterans available. It'll be an interesting off-season and draft for the QB position.

i think this was just typical pre-draft smoke and mirrors.

Reactions: TW
On a semi-related note - and because it's slow season - I haven't seen anyone mock a QB to the Vikings. They need one worse than us, don't they? They have to choose between paying Cousins close to $40m a year long term and starting over, surely they are in the market for a QB early?

On a semi-related note - and because it's slow season - I haven't seen anyone mock a QB to the Vikings. They need one worse than us, don't they? They have to choose between paying Cousins close to $40m a year long term and starting over, surely they are in the market for a QB early?

Does Speilman still have Teddy Bridgewater on speed dial?

Bucky Brooks in his mock draft had the Packers drafting Jacob Eason at 30.

Back