Packers known interest thread

Supposedly the Packers have met with Sam Williams, Edge, Ole Miss and Tyquan Thornton, WR, Baylor. Also virtual meetings with Alex Wright, Edge, UAB and Jamaree Salyer, OL, Georgia.
They did a virtual with Isaiah Spiller too

George Pickens will be in GB tomorrow meeting with the Packers

Texas CB Josh Thompson met with GB yesterday

Texas CB Josh Thompson met with GB yesterday

I haven't looked very hard at the CB group this year, but he seems like a late round/UDFA guy. One of those infamous Ted Thompson visits where he typically brought in a number of guys whom they had no intention of drafting but rather wanted to grab as an UDFA after the draft.

I haven't looked very hard at the CB group this year, but he seems like a late round/UDFA guy. One of those infamous Ted Thompson visits where he typically brought in a number of guys whom they had no intention of drafting but rather wanted to grab as an UDFA after the draft.
Yep seems that's what he is. NFL.com has his rating falling into PS player role. I wish GB would not waste top 30 visits on players like this.

Yep seems that's what he is. NFL.com has his rating falling into PS player role. I wish GB would not waste top 30 visits on players like this.
I’ve heard of situations where a kid is brought in to “pick his brain” on teammates and other guys he’s played against. Due diligence

The Draft Network says he’s a solid tackling zone player with potential at Safety.
Might be a good fit for Barry’s Cover 2-3 defense as a developmental player.

If you can get Nelson late in the draft, fine. I like his play, but am probably a little too impressed because of his being a Badger.

Back