Packers known interest thread

Not draft related but relevant

Could be a thing were they take a look at him then see what happens after the draft and make a move if things don't go how they want

Does the Watkins signing change Gutey's board or mindset?

No just one year deal and Watkins is a gamble he can even make it thru the year. You still draft WR because you need them for the future.

Might give him flexibility at the #22 pick if a player other than WR slips to that spot.
Like maybe an OT or an Edge

Might give him flexibility at the #22 pick if a player other than WR slips to that spot.
Like maybe an OT or an Edge
Only way I pass WR at 22 is if Wilson, London, Williams, Olave, Burks are gone. Then I look at the other spots knowing I could look at perhaps Pickens or Watson at 28.

Only way I pass WR at 22 is if Wilson, London, Williams, Olave, Burks are gone. Then I look at the other spots knowing I could look at perhaps Pickens or Watson at 28.
I just don’t see the fascination with Burks. Very raw and personally oversold.

I don't think it changes the board at all, but I think it might subtly change the mindset.

I think it creates some breathing room especially on day 2 and 3 of the draft. I think they still take one in Rd 1, but if the value doesn't work out later they can just pass on a reach. It takes a little more of the "need" out of their thought process. If the value isn't there in Rd 2, wait til Rd 3. Not there in Rd 3, wait til Rd 4. Still, in the end I think they take a least 2, and maybe a third one late in the draft that they think they may be able to stash on the PS.

@AaronWilson_NFL

Fresno State defensive lineman Kevin Atkins visited the Green Bay Packers today, per a league source

Back