Packers Release Draft Party Details

Cheesedog

Reaction score
http://www.packers.com/news-and-eve...ay-May-2/7be35333-aa8a-4002-88df-30cb571c8a7c

The Green Bay Packers’ official 2015 NFL Draft Party will be held on Saturday, May 2, at Evolution in Milwaukee. The event will invite fans to participate in the draft by entering raffles for the opportunity to announce Packers draft picks live on the NFL Network or its online partners.

The party will also feature a program hosted by Larry McCarren from noon to 1:30 p.m. The program will include appearances and autographs by Packers alumni Antonio Freeman, Jim Grabowski, LeRoy Butler, Mark Chmura and Derrick Mayes, as well as other prize raffles and fan giveaways.

The Saturday party is free to the public and space will be available on a first-come, first-served basis, with activities offered from 11 a.m. until the draft concludes. Evolution is located at 233 E. Chicago St., Milwaukee, Wis. Event parking is available in the parking structure next door (225 E. Chicago St.), where full day parking passes will be $10.

So the Green Bay Packers draft party is going to be in Milwaukee, during the late part of the draft ? sh))

This is so stupid having it in Milwaukee instead of Lambeau field. Had it been there I probably would have went. But now its unlikely I will go as it's farther and I don't want to deal with parking.

This reeks of a party attended by the "I want to be seen" crowd who probably doesn't even really watch Packer games on a regular basis.. If they wanted real fans they'd have it at Lambeau

Have to agree with others even though I live much closer to Milwaukee. This would be better in the Atrium, but I wonder if they are worried about attendance so wanted to float a trial like this to see how it does.

Back in the old days of the Sat/Sun draft, having an all-day party in the atrium on Saturday worked. You'd be around for at least 3 picks. Now, the higher picks are on Thu and Fri and happen pretty late at night for the Packers. Not really a great draw, expecially if you have it on Thu and then have people waiting for hours for the pick only to have TT trade #30 and move to #36 and now there won't be a pick at all that night. Might really turn people off.

I'm hopeful that if the Milwaukee event has a decent draw of "average fans" that maybe they will have a Saturday atrium party in the future.

One other thought - they rent out the atrium for many events. Is there a conflict on that date with something else?

Back