Packers sign free-agent QB Jerod Evans to practice squad

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
A free-agent quarterback is joining the Green Bay Packers, but not the kind of big-name veteran many fans have called for them to sign.

home

Continue reading...

Well, I'm pretty sure Callahan being active on game day burns his practice squad eligibility forever at this point, right?

Also, should something happen to Hundley or Callahan, I don't think they'd activate this guy.

No they wouldn't. If Hundley or Callahan go down it will be Kap time.

I don't think it is funny Dubz. If Hundley goes down they will bring in a vet. Kaepernick would be the best option as far as mobility. He is a pretty good passer too. I'd prefer Romo if Hundley goes down but I don't know if he'd want to come in as a temp worker.

I don't think it is funny Dubz. If Hundley goes down they will bring in a vet. Kaepernick would be the best option as far as mobility. He is a pretty good passer too. I'd prefer Romo if Hundley goes down but I don't know if he'd want to come in as a temp worker.

To be honest I won't be shocked if you see a vet brought in after the Saints game as they have the bye week and will have time to coach him up to be the backup to Hundley.

but what vet is worth bringing in at this point? there really aren't any. Romo won't give up his TV job to play for a partial season in GB behind a mediocre OL.

Kap won't because the league is mad he filed a grievance (which btw would be great if he won and the CB got nullified and they started on a new one now).

GB is in a real bad spot. There just aren't any QB's out there. If Hundley or Callahan goes down, better hope it's before the trade deadline and TT can part with some of his precious draft picks because that's the only way he'll be able to get someone worth it.

but what vet is worth bringing in at this point? there really aren't any. Romo won't give up his TV job to play for a partial season in GB behind a mediocre OL.

Kap won't because the league is mad he filed a grievance (which btw would be great if he won and the CB got nullified and they started on a new one now).

GB is in a real bad spot. There just aren't any QB's out there. If Hundley or Callahan goes down, better hope it's before the trade deadline and TT can part with some of his precious draft picks because that's the only way he'll be able to get someone worth it.

IMO a vet would be a good backup to Hundley. If something happened to Hundley do you think Joe Callahan would be able to play? I would feel safer with a vet backing up Hundley then Callahan. Keep Callahan as the third QB on the roster

T.J. Yates (6-3 ½ , 215 ) OR Shaun Hill (6-3, 230 ) Can make it run, MM would have to retool his offense though

Back