Packers Sign Top Draft Picks Love, Dillon

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
jim_nagy_on_jordan_love-5ea8dd0c1c719e452659054d_1_apr_29_2020_1_57_31_poster.jpg

As a first-round pick, all $12,383,470 of quarterback Jordan Love's contract is guaranteed.

Continue reading...

they just continue to compound the error of trading up for a qb that nobody else wanted in the first round. fully guaranteeing a contract for a player taken at #25 or below has never happened before. clearly gutey is all in on love.

they just continue to compound the error of trading up for a qb that nobody else wanted in the first round. fully guaranteeing a contract for a player taken at #25 or below has never happened before. clearly gutey is all in on love.
The guarantee number is really semantics, $3m+ is peanuts. He going to be here for 2 years minimum, and if he improves your going to extend him anyway in year 4...

The guarantee number is really semantics, $3m+ is peanuts. He going to be here for 2 years minimum, and if he improves your going to extend him anyway in year 4...

lol. okay. it's $12+ million fully guaranteed. i seem to recall in past posts, you saying something on the order of "the only thing that matters is the guaranteed money". but i'm okay with that. my post was simply pointing out the fact that no other team has ever fully guaranteed a rookie salary for a player drafted at or after #25.

lol. okay. it's $12+ million fully guaranteed. i seem to recall in past posts, you saying something on the order of "the only thing that matters is the guaranteed money". but i'm okay with that. my post was simply pointing out the fact that no other team has ever fully guaranteed a rookie salary for a player drafted at or after #25.
Yep thats all that matters and if you project the cap out 2-3 years that number may look like a bargain. Your last point is valid, its risk / reward. The assumption is that you are probably going to extend him in year 3 or 4 IF he looks like "the guy" if not you lose $3 assuming you cut bait after year 3. in some ways you create your own 4th year option if you have doubts and its a cheap number

Back