Packers will host 2025 NFL Draft

I am very pleasntly surprised. I just thought GB was to small to host the draft with not enough hotels and places to eat. I hope this turns out to be a great event for GB. I plan to go to the 2025 draft. Already signed up to get notice when tickets go on sale.

Reactions: TW
I am very pleasntly surprised. I just thought GB was to small to host the draft with not enough hotels and places to eat. I hope this turns out to be a great event for GB. I plan to go to the 2025 draft. Already signed up to get notice when tickets go on sale.
I wish I could join you.

Hopefully the Packers get lucky with the weather. That time of year in Green Bay can be dicey from a temperature point of view, with rain highly likely over the course of the 3 days.

Not really all that surprised from a logistical point of view. The Kansas City metro area has about 36,000 hotels rooms. Certainly far more than Green Bay, but not as many as the Green Bay, Fox Valley, plus Milwaukee metro areas. Most people are likely to be willing to drive even the 2 hours from Milwaukee if needed. I don't expect Green Bay will get quite the crowds some recent drafts have seen, but with decent weather we could see crowds in the 100-150 thousand range.

I'll hopefully be among them. I live a little more than 2 hours from Lambeau. My son lives in the Appleton area so I could even stay with him, and my mom's place in Waupaca county is just over an hour away, so I have options even if I stay late and don't want to drive all the way home.

Color me skeptical. I hope for Gb sake it’s best draft ever… but… the roads are a mess on a normal game day. Double the number of people coming and I just don’t see how it works. GB is not built to handle that many people all at once.

Plus in a major metro area people can stay at hotels and take mass transit/walk into the event. GB has almost no mass transit to speak of so those 150k people are coming in cars. Again parking is tough normally. Where are they all going to park?

So many questions about logistics, Fire/police coverage, etc…

One would hope the NFL has looked into all this and made sure all the bases are covered before awarding this.

Again, I hope i am wrong and this is the best draft ever… we will see…

Color me skeptical. I hope for Gb sake it’s best draft ever… but… the roads are a mess on a normal game day. Double the number of people coming and I just don’t see how it works. GB is not built to handle that many people all at once.

Plus in a major metro area people can stay at hotels and take mass transit/walk into the event. GB has almost no mass transit to speak of so those 150k people are coming in cars. Again parking is tough normally. Where are they all going to park?

So many questions about logistics, Fire/police coverage, etc…

One would hope the NFL has looked into all this and made sure all the bases are covered before awarding this.

Again, I hope i am wrong and this is the best draft ever… we will see…
I am guessing they try to get more busses in running routes during draft and that will see a large influx of Uber/Lyft drivers in GB area during that time.

I am figuring that GB had to show they had to have at least hotels for 100K before they were going to be considered.

Reactions: TW
The traffic could be messy, but probably not much worse than game days. People will be coming in and out at different times all day long. They may need to set up some shuttle busses to designated parking areas from around town and maybe even from places like Appleton. Hopefully, they have that I-43 project done by then or the ride to and from Milwaukee will be messier than normal - it's not supposed to be finished until mid-2025.

Back