Packers will sign Jared Cook per reports

and since he was released by the rams, he doesn't figure into the comp picks formula. all around a very low-risk deal with potential high rewards.

Four NFC teams competed for Jared Cook's services since the beginning of the tampering period: The #Falcons, #Panthers, #Bears and #Packers.

Probably means Packers had to pay more then they really wanted to if 3 other teams were looking at him.

For Jared Cook & #Packers, it's a 1-year deal, source said. The hope, as with many FAs this time of year, is to kill it & sign long-term

I'm eager to see the particulars of this contract. At least nobody can say we didn't sign a FA. ;)

For Jared Cook & #Packers, it's a 1-year deal worth $3.6M, source said.

and since he was released by the rams, he doesn't figure into the comp picks formula. all around a very low-risk deal with potential high rewards.

Ya good deal for both sides.. Will be interested to see what guarantee is....

A low risk one year deal on a guy with potential to be solid and offer something GB didn't have last year. Especially in a draft so devoid of TE talent.

if what I've read is true and the packers really did try to trade for him last year, how stupid are the rams? end up just releasing the guy and the packers get him for nothing. although, it sure would have been nice to have him last year with all the problems we had at receiver.

Outside FA at a need position Shocked(. I thought it was never gonna happen ;)

Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero
#Packers offered Jared Cook a 2-year deal. They settled on a 1-year pact that maxes out at $3.65 million with incentives, source said.

LOL! Usually contracts are reported without incentives. Since that source is surely the agent and he's puffing that number, it may be significantly less. Worth waiting for the details before talking whether this is an overpay or not.

EDIT: I was sage. This just in:
Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero
Base value of Jared Cook's deal with #Packers is 1 year, $2.75 million. The other $900K available in incentives for catches, TDs, Pro Bowl.

No word on guarantees.

Last edited:
if what I've read is true and the packers really did try to trade for him last year, how stupid are the rams? end up just releasing the guy and the packers get him for nothing. although, it sure would have been nice to have him last year with all the problems we had at receiver.

I could have seen part of the trade was contigent on the Packers re-working his contract since he did not Packers perhaps passed on the trade. With him being cut they could now work on a new deal.

Back