Pass Interference Rule review

One thing Packer fans should take note of that we do almost every play on offense,

Actions that constitute offensive pass interference include but are not limited to :

(a) Blocking downfield by an offensive player prior to the ball being touched.

CLP) Winner)

Solution: get rid of all these rules about contact downfield and let the battle between DBs and WRs go back to the Wild West. Everything short of Stickum is fair game again.

What puzzles me is how different each crew is when it comes to enforcement of some of the newer rules. Some are over zealous, the next group too lax, and it appears that nearly all of them fail to actually study the rules themselves. There is no consistency.

What puzzles me is how different each crew is when it comes to enforcement of some of the newer rules. Some are over zealous, the next group too lax, and it appears that nearly all of them fail to actually study the rules themselves. There is no consistency.
What's even crazier is now each network has a former official in the booth. All this does is add to the whining each week.

What's even crazier is now each network has a former official in the booth. All this does is add to the whining each week.

And they're like a deer in headlights. They hmmm and ahhmm until the play is confirmed or reversed, then say they agree with the decision.

And they're like a deer in headlights. They hmmm and ahhmm until the play is confirmed or reversed, then say they agree with the decision.

Exactly and it leads to questioning damn near every call. It's creating a culture of questioning calls and blaming those calls on a loss.

Exactly and it leads to questioning damn near every call. It's creating a culture of questioning calls and blaming those calls on a loss.
It’s because the competition committee has done a piss poor job in defining the rules and communicating that to the officials.
It’s not just the NFL, MLB umpires cannot get a consistent strike zone, NBA don’t even get me started on what’s a block or charge or for that matter a straight foul call.

It’s because the competition committee has done a piss poor job in defining the rules and communicating that to the officials.
It’s not just the NFL, MLB umpires cannot get a consistent strike zone, NBA don’t even get me started on what’s a block or charge or for that matter a straight foul call.
I think we all know that for the NBA, the call will be made that will favor the player with the higher "profile" and often has very little correlation to what the actual foul may have been. :cool:

Back