Post Game: Buffalo defeats Green Bay 27-17

HeartyHops

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Reaction score
3-5

"It's been that sort of night", said Collingsworth, "It's been that sort of night for the Green Bay Packers."

So, I am having a hard time finding any joy in Mudville at the moment. The extent of the apparent problems seems a bit daunting, to say the least.

The good news is that they didn't just up and quit.

Aaron Jones is a fighter. br)

gopackgo

Last edited:
If they played with this sort of compete level against the Giants Jets and Washington, they’d be 6-2 right now. Instead 3-5, season on the ropes. Let’s just hope they take what they did today and move it forward. Maybe Gute shouldn’t be looking for a WR in a trade, he should be looking for an OL.

This wasn’t a bad loss. Lots of fight, run game got going, they didn’t quit…

Doubs and Toure both showed flashes…

Mercedes doesn’t get enough credit for what he does…

But….. OL isn’t nearly good enough, the TEs as pass catchers are not good enough…. The team isn’t in synch enough to even run two minute drill effectively….

Just making the playoffs as a wild card would make it a successful season at this point…

However can GB show up again next week with this much fight???

Watched the first half only, and just read about the second. Can't play 1 half of FB in the NFL and expect to win much, in the past a top-notch Aaron and Adams covered up for some of that but alas that's gone.

Defensively, Bud, RP and others have been asking for weeks ...here it is. The scheme is a mess but beyond that, we have some very immature men who aren't mentally prepared to play. Just that simple really, if your head and heart aren't in it well 4 straight losses tell you what you need to know.

Is there a fix? Midseason and the lights aren't on yet? Probably not. A new DC and key staff are needed on defense along with 1 very vocal veteran leader who can get on these kids' asses and keep them focused.

Offensively, need to draft a WR obviously but another high pick on OL better be on the menu.

All we can do is move on to next week and see if Detroit is the medicine that breaks the curse. Worst October in a couple of decades in Green bay.

The Packers passed on significant draft compensation in trade capital and are paying Aaron Rodgers $50M dollars a year to hand the ball off to Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon because it's the best offense we have because our pass protection is terrible and we didn't do anything to address the departure of Davante Adams.

What an asinine use of resources.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jones had a game! Excellent rushing and receiving, lots of YAC.
Dillon ran much better than he has the last couple or so weeks.
ARod was much better, too. Passes to Jones in the flat were crisp and accurate.
I'll even throw a bone to the TEs and WRs. They played the best they have this season. It still may not be saying much, but it was better.

OL. The regression of this unit is shocking and totally unexpected. Mostly the same guys as the year before, and they were solid a solid-to-good group last year. Surely Turner and Patrick didn't make that big of a difference. The same for Stenavich. How could the new guy wreck them so bad in a short amount of time?

Defense. If points were awarded for talking crap, they would be leading the league by a wide margin. The problem is that their play comes nowhere close to backing it up, and it obviously doesn't do anything that contributes to a win.

I'm going to single out Coco for a negative, too. His snaps for FGs tonight were awful. C'mon, man, you have ONE job to do!
I realize there may not be a lot scouting or resources being spent looking for long snappers, but this position has been a problem for several years now. Can it be that hard to find a competent one?

Jones had a game! Excellent rushing and receiving, lots of YAC.
Dillon ran much better than he has the last couple or so weeks.
ARod was much better, too. Passes to Jones in the flat were crisp and accurate.
I'll even throw a bone to the TEs and WRs. They played the best they have this season. It still may not be saying much, but it was better.

OL. The regression of this unit is shocking and totally unexpected. Mostly the same guys as the year before, and they were solid a solid-to-good group last year. Surely Turner and Patrick didn't make that big of a difference. The same for Stenavich. How could the new guy wreck them so bad in a short amount of time?

Defense. If points were awarded for talking crap, they would be leading the league by a wide margin. The problem is that their play comes nowhere close to backing it up, and it obviously doesn't do anything that contributes to a win.

I'm going to single out Coco for a negative, too. His snaps for FGs tonight were awful. C'mon, man, you have ONE job to do!
I realize there may not be a lot scouting or resources being spent looking for long snappers, but this position has been a problem for several years now. Can it be that hard to find a competent one?
One thing I will say for the defense, I will take the chirping 10/10 times over the listless, lifeless, apathetic performance they gave against the Jets and Washington.

On offense, I appreciate how hard they ran the ball, how they committed to it etc. all great things, but I think we saw on the 4th down plays that they just don't quite have the horses to get it done. Need another receiver, need another OL, need a TE or someone to create a mismatch. Good bounce back game from Doubs, nice to see Toure make some plays. It's shame that Watson got concussed because it seems like they finally had some packages in play for him.

On defense it's strange. 27 pts to Buffalo on the road. That's not great but it's not bad either, there is something there with that group but there's also something missing. I think they need another interior DL with some maturity to his game (emphasis on maturity). Dean Lowry IMO is the biggest waste of cap space on the team this year, they kinda need that Ryan Pickett figure on the DL. Reed has been OK but that group just needs stability, they need a rock inside that the other guys can work off of.

One thing I will say for the defense, I will take the chirping 10/10 times over the listless, lifeless, apathetic performance they gave against the Jets and Washington.

On offense, I appreciate how hard they ran the ball, how they committed to it etc. all great things, but I think we saw on the 4th down plays that they just don't quite have the horses to get it done. Need another receiver, need another OL, need a TE or someone to create a mismatch. Good bounce back game from Doubs, nice to see Toure make some plays. It's shame that Watson got concussed because it seems like they finally had some packages in play for him.

On defense it's strange. 27 pts to Buffalo on the road. That's not great but it's not bad either, there is something there with that group but there's also something missing. I think they need another interior DL with some maturity to his game (emphasis on maturity). Dean Lowry IMO is the biggest waste of cap space on the team this year, they kinda need that Ryan Pickett figure on the DL. Reed has been OK but that group just needs stability, they need a rock inside that the other guys can work off of.
Not just DL but Savage is a complete waste on defense. He has limited ability to cover and is soft. I get the issues at DL but he cannot fill the gap on run D either. Amos is serviceable but that group needs a influx of talent also

Back