Post Game: Buffalo defeats Green Bay 27-17

And vs Buffalo thats fair. My point on Grey is he was not shy about the scheme. When you make a public statement that’s never good. Optic’s matter
Why he got fired in other places, open's mouth without thinking.
He's 40 front guy and is still pissed about getting picked over..the mistake was keeping him to be honest.

He's 40 front guy and is still pissed about getting picked over..the mistake was keeping him to be honest.
Don’t disagree there. And per reports ( I know , I know ) that some players are questioning things leads me to believe, if reports are true , thats it’s not a unified staff which never works.

Don’t disagree there. And per reports ( I know , I know ) that some players are questioning things leads me to believe, if reports are true , thats it’s not a unified staff which never works.
I'll be honest I think we have a couple of reporters and two"bloggers" san wanna be's making crap up. Don't see it yet, myself..key word here is yet.

The fact Aaron changed his tune 180 today means that someone put their foot in some backsides in the past week.

The whole D staff is odd frankly, there never was an actual overhaul of the staff. Pettine inherited a bunch of guys from Capers' staff, brought in Jerry Grey and got rid of Joe Whitt, and then when Pettine was let go they brought in Barry who didn't change anything. Kind of odd they didn't let the DC bring in his own guys.

The whole D staff is odd frankly, there never was an actual overhaul of the staff. Pettine inherited a bunch of guys from Capers' staff, brought in Jerry Grey and got rid of Joe Whitt, and then when Pettine was let go they brought in Barry who didn't change anything. Kind of odd they didn't let the DC bring in his own guys.
Let's add to that, we all thought it was odd Murphy wanted to keep the few holdovers blah blah... How much say does ML actually have? Is Murphy an ego manic sticking his hands in all of it?

Let's add to that, we all thought it was odd Murphy wanted to keep the few holdovers blah blah... How much say does ML actually have? Is Murphy an ego manic sticking his hands in all of it?
All I know, if I was a coach, that wouldn't make me feel very good that all these other people have all the power and I have none. Damn near emasculating. If that's the case, we'll never know how good ML could be until Murphy is gone, Gutey is gone, Rodgers is gone etc. Not sure I buy into that as it then sets up ML to be off limits from criticism as it seems everyone else has all the power and ML is just some bystander to the chaos.

I think that goes without saying… Probably also an element of fiscal restraint from the board, don’t want to constantly shake things up with coaches, pay higher contracts, and get stuck paying guys who are no longer there.

I think that goes without saying… Probably also an element of fiscal restraint from the board, don’t want to constantly shake things up with coaches, pay higher contracts, and get stuck paying guys who are no longer there.
If this is the case, and it dovetails with my above comments, then the HC job in Green Bay can't be all that coveted anymore with Murphy and the board pulling all the levers.

All I know, if I was a coach, that wouldn't make me feel very good that all these other people have all the power and I have none. Damn near emasculating. If that's the case, we'll never know how good ML could be until Murphy is gone, Gutey is gone, Rodgers is gone etc. Not sure I buy into that as it then sets up ML to be off limits from criticism as it seems everyone else has all the power and ML is just some bystander to the chaos.
ML is in for his share of criticism, starting with the DC. It was his short list of coaches. He also takes some blame for the offensive ills of the team, and he had to make tough choices with the offensive staff when they were all getting ready to get promotions elsewhere. In other ways he's clearly hamstrung. He doesn't make roster decisions, it wasn't his choice to low ball Darren Rizzi a couple years ago which ruined ST for a couple seasons, he also doesn't seem to have say in the defensive staff really, which maybe you don't want the offensive head coach to have a say but the team president certainly shouldn't be making those decisions either. Bit of a mess. Not fatal, but a bit of a mess.

I've been asking this question from day one. Why would Murphy create a new chain of command, where Ball, Gute, and ML all report directly to him?

I questioned that being done, and always have. That's not a chain of command, it's a plan to micro-manage.

I honestly believe this has been happening from the start. If there is any dissension on that level, there will be even more at the next level.

Back