Post Game: Eagles defeat Green Bay 40-33

HeartyHops

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Reaction score
4-8

There were a few fleeting moments in the first half. Emphasis on 'few' and 'fleeting'.

Watching Jordan Love quickly throw a TD pass after the injury to Rodgers was a nice respite from the norm. If nothing else, a good outing for Mr Love is fun to see.

Now we see what happens, and it looks as though some changes might be in the air, depending on reports about Rodgers.

gopackgo

Well, some good and bad moments.

Love looked good in regards to throwing on time and accurate. He did play against a prevent defense for the most part. We will see what he is made of next week if AR is done.

Watson is damn fast. Can we get one more of him?

This run defense has never gotten better in 4 years. This as much on ML as it is on Barry. IMO, Barry should be fired after a performance like that. 360 yards on the ground??

At least, we can now focus on what players we think we should keep.

And for the second week in a row, in a must-win situation, Barry can’t deliver. This time, his defense wasn’t even in the same zip code of where we needed it to be. I don’t know what else anyone needs to see.

We finally score some points and give up 40. It feels like 1985 all over again.

Didn't stay up and watch... watching the DVR at work over coffee, bad idea as I want to throw something. Go get the kids at Green Bay West to show them how to tackle because that run defense is awful.

Last thought until later, 8 losses about sews up the season as a wash. Time to give Love more reps. Let Rodgers play a series or 2bh)
then bring in Love .. let the kid run the whole offense with the starters for 3 qtrs. What the hell do we have to lose??

Frustrating game again. There's was hope there for awhile. I don't even know what to say about this defense anymore. They can't tackle. They didn't seem prepared for Hurts on the ground. The list could go on.

Love looked good in limited action. It's so nice to see that speed of Watson. This kid could be very good if it all clicks and he can stay healthy. I just think it's time to play for pride and to let some of the younger guys get a look. I wouldn't have guessed 8 losses at the beginning of the year but here we are. This may even end up being an 11 loss, or more, season.

Just in terms of process and running the two minute I thought Love looked like a guy ready to play. He did it, I don’t know if Rodgers would’ve come away with more in those two drives.

And as it turned out the last one didn’t matter because of the defensive performance. Yes they miss Gary and Campbell but that’s no excuse. The players have given up on the scheme and the coaches, even guys like Kenny Clark just look ready for January, and if you lose Kenny Clark you’re toast.

So that ends it. Not just the season but most likely the Aaron Rodgers era in GB. Some thoughts

• Love looked ready and more importantly more comfortable. Might be a situation where he’s better in tempo and just let the flow of the game dictate what he does. Translation….don’t overthink it
  • It’s the first time this year Dillon has ran with some authority.
  • Watson is still raw but flashes enough to give me hope. Speed kills
  • TE play is awful. The 2nd int was on 84, you have to flatten out the route there. Major draft need
  • The defense was pathetic, enough said.

Back