Post Game GB Outlast Vikings 43-34

Mark87

Carpe Diem
Admin
Reaction score
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net
Explosive offense a not so smothering defense. We lost two starting OL and Clark on defense today ... great road win to open but keep an eye on the injuries. Line depth was where we are weak this season.

I thought it was a good game considering that they had no preseason. The defense still has a lot of work to do. Early on it seemed like Cook could run anywhere he wanted. But the defense seemed to get a little bit better against the run as the game went on. Sure was hard to see Clark go down. Hope it is not something that keeps him out for a while.

It was nice to see Rodgers spreading the ball around. MVS did a great job on his TD. But the other 2 passes he dropped, thumbsdown))thumbsdown)). Davante is still the man and came up strong. Jones seemed to struggle initially but the line seemed to block better as the game went on. But all in all for the first game, not bad. Course I say that because they won. I thinked I'd have been a little b!ch!er if we had lost.

pc)

Packers get big win to start the season but lost 3 starters and will now need to figure out how to replace them.

I never try and overreact one way or another in weeks 1-2. Even more so this year.
  • A win is a win
  • Depth going to be an issue all year
  • Talent on defense is well poor sans the Smiths and Clark and now with Clark out more issues
  • Scheme is an issue but so is talent
  • 1-0

MVS did a great job on his TD. But the other 2 passes he dropped, thumbsdown))thumbsdown)).

mvs caught four out of the 6 passes thrown his way for 96 yards and a td. on pace for a 1500+ yard season. not a bad #2receiver.

lazard caught four passes for 63 yards and a td. on pace for a 1000+ yard season. also not bad for a #2 receiver.

meanwhile adams was the target of nearly 40% of the passes thrown by rodgers. he had 156 yards and two tds. pretty amazing. he's on pace for almost 2500 yards this season. lol.

Will be interesting this week do Packers resign Alex Light is Jared Valdheer a choice? Do the Packers promote a guy off the PS to replace Clark or do they go a veteran? If the Lucas injury is serious it means that you have 2 OL to replace and question there is then what you do to replace them. I sure hope this is not a injury plaged year for the team.

Our offense never went 3 and out today, so that's extremely encouraging to see.

Good news: Packers offense is back

Bad news: Packers defense is back

Can’t spell skol without an L.

Tyler Lancaster should be playing more NT instead of DE.
Montravious Adams is a waste of oxygen. Pay him an injury settlement and then sign Snacks Harrison and promote Daylon Mack or Willington Perilon from the PS.
The only OL on the PS is C Jake Hanson and G Zack Johnson, so going FA route may make most sense, but where they were strong was interior OL and now that's where they are weakest (Turner, Patrick, Taylor). And I'm guessing Taylor is done for the year (but I hope not). Rolling with Wagner at RT and Nijman as the swing OT scares the beetlejuice out of me. They can't afford another injury to G or OT.
Next week I'd like to see ESB active. He could have played a role today.
Anyone notice Krys Barnes (just called up from PS) out there making plays today?

Where was Mr First round draft pick Rashan Gary?? Getting nothing from him. I'll take the win. The defense needs to be better, though MUCH BETTER. Rodgers/Adams was killer today.

Back