Post game: Packers defeat Bears 35-16

Game was closer than the score into the 4th Q... Good finish but most of the game CHI was in striking distance.

Adams still has my vote for MVP...

#51 had a nice game..

#20 is completely useless. Shouldn't even be out there.

ST yikes, nightmares.

The CHI OC was Green Bay's best weapon on DEF....

Props to the OL for stepping up to help with Bak down. Bigger props to ML whose game plan was perfect for Bak being down.

for the second game in a row, the packers defense shut down a premier running back. they also kept the opposing qb from throwing a single td pass. the scariest part of the game was that the offense vanished for the entire 3rd quarter, but it could have been much worse because rodgers threw three turnover-worthy passes.

i question the packers play calling early in this game because the bears were missing two key players in their secondary and it seemed like we were trying not to pass. i understand that the ml offense is based on establishing the run to open up the passing game, but i don't think that was necessary in this game. i did like the couple of plays where ml schemed open wide receivers on linebackers. pretty cool. now, if only the receivers could catch.

all in all this was a pretty complete game against a division rival that was playing hard to get into the playoffs. imho, the game was not closer than the score indicates. and in fact it could have been more of a blowout if mvs had caught that second wide open td pass. it will be interesting to see who we end up playing in the second round of the playoffs.

for the second game in a row, the packers defense shut down a premier running back. they also kept the opposing qb from throwing a single td pass. the scariest part of the game was that the offense vanished for the entire 3rd quarter, but it could have been much worse because rodgers threw three turnover-worthy passes.

i question the packers play calling early in this game because the bears were missing two key players in their secondary and it seemed like we were trying not to pass. i understand that the ml offense is based on establishing the run to open up the passing game, but i don't think that was necessary in this game. i did like the couple of plays where ml schemed open wide receivers on linebackers. pretty cool. now, if only the receivers could catch.

all in all this was a pretty complete game against a division rival that was playing hard to get into the playoffs. imho, the game was not closer than the score indicates. and in fact it could have been more of a blowout if mvs had caught that second wide open td pass. it will be interesting to see who we end up playing in the second round of the playoffs.

Good point rb. The offense has to overcome those 2nd half lulls

for the second game in a row, the packers defense shut down a premier running back.
Thats what the stat sheet said but it didn't feel that way, did it? It felt like slow torture. Montgomery wasn't ripping off big runs but he just seemed to always be getting 3-4 yards at a time and was always moving the chains (9 catches for 63 yards helped). Very frustrating. I tip my hat to him, I thought he was impressive. Took a lot of shots and always moved forward, just seemed to find space and would not go down on first or even second contact. He's becoming a player.

I also had an issue with the plays but for a different reason than rb. The Bears were going on these looooong drives, wearing the D down, ML has a full stable of big backs, all pretty healthy. I thought they got a little deep pass happy in the 3rd. if it works you can't complain but some short drives let them back into it. I think you have to give Dillon more than 1 touch in this game too. Maybe just me.

MVS brick hands. If that happens in the playoffs god help us.

Montgomery wasn't ripping off big runs but he just seemed to always be getting 3-4 yards at a time and was always moving the chains (9 catches for 63 yards helped). Very frustrating. I tip my hat to him, I thought he was impressive. Took a lot of shots and always moved forward, just seemed to find space and would not go down on first or even second contact. He's becoming a player.
I was impressed with Montgomery too. Haven't paid much attention to him but Packinatl, this week, was alluding to his ability and it showed.

Montgomery wasn't ripping off big runs but he just seemed to always be getting 3-4 yards at a time and was always moving the chains (9 catches for 63 yards helped).
good point about the receiving yards. and you're right about it not feeling like we shut him down. probably because of those 9 catches that i just ignored. lol.

Funny stat. Packers had more TD passes this year than punts

Back