Post Game: San Francisco defeats GB 37-8

HeartyHops

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Well, this certainly wasn't fun to watch. The Pack took a beating on SNF, and I really can't think of a positive if my life depended on it.

Hopefully Bulaga isn't out for long.

People this team was not going 6-0 after the bye 4-2 maybe even 3-3 Packers went on road and played team better then them. They still are a playoff quality team and a team that still can win the divison. This team is a team that has holes in it. But it is still a year ahead of were it should be at this point Most people thought 8-8 to 10-6 season at worst we finish 11-5 I think 12-4 Every team is going to have game were they are just crap. GB had 2 of them this year. Team is 8-3 after week 12. Show me who thought this team would be 8-3 before the season. There was no one who thought this team could be this good.

Be nice if the offense showed up before the third quarter.

I don't mind getting beat by better teams. I'm disgusted when they don't even show up. The officiating took plenty away early, but we just flat out took a dump.

@BillHuberSI
·
5h

“We got outcoached and we got outplayed,” LaFleur tells reporters in Santa Clara. “We’ve got to be a lot better.”

Very simply put you can't turn the ball over on your 2 on the first drive in big games and come out on top most times. GB and the fanbase were way too amped for this game.

MP defense struggles vs vet QB who can read and adjust to his pressure schemes, once they do it's a long day for us. Offensively the niners staff knows ML better than anyone and it showed. This is a burn the film game and move on. If Bulaga is hurt any length of time then ML will need to keep a back or TE to help because otherwise, Rodgers won't finish the year under center.

Positive fans are going to point out that it was only one game. Negative fans are going to plan the death of LaFluffer's dog. The reality is somewhere in the middle.
The truth is that a healthy Packer team coming off a bye got their @$$ whipped by a much better football team. GB just isn't there yet.
Sure, the Packers can finish at 13-3 but I think the ceiling is probably closer to 12-4 or maybe even 11-5. There's just a too many holes. I don't see GB going on the road and beating SF, Seattle or NO in the playoffs.
There's no sense in listing anything positive or negative. It all stunk last night.

Several of us predicted 11-5 in the Prediction Thread.
I stand by that.
Does 11-5 get GB the division? 50/50 IMO.
Does it get them into the playoffs?
Good chance.

But right now this team is still a pretender and not a contender.

I only watched until early 2nd quarter since I have to get up so early. Glad I didn’t punish myself by watching that whole game.

New week
New game
Time to move on

Weaknesses exposed. Simply put, our offensive line is not nearly as good as we need to be a real Lombardi Trophy challenger. We can't blame it on Bulaga getting injured during the game, the wheels were already off before it happened. We need to seriously figure out if we want to throw the ball or not. Rodgers was turned into a pinata last night.

As far as our defense, it's really time that the 3-4 defense be abandoned at the end of this year, and start plugging in 4-3 type players so we at least become competitive. Stevie Wonder could get 15 completions out of every 20 attempts, throwing over the middle of our defense, including deep.

Putting it bluntly, the Packers just aren't as good as the 49ers, and won't be, until they address their problems.

Back