Post Game: Tampa Takes GB To The Woodshed 38-10

He’s a better fit in a zone scheme and that’s not, so much, what GB does.

speaking of "what gb does", i'm probably just out of the loop, but has anyone else looked at the packers official depth chart for the defense lately? i was under the impression that we were still running a 3-4 defense. i know that we only played base defense about a third of the time, but it seems that now the packers are saying that their base defense is 3-3. so we have a front six instead of a front seven.

speaking of "what gb does", i'm probably just out of the loop, but has anyone else looked at the packers official depth chart for the defense lately? i was under the impression that we were still running a 3-4 defense. i know that we only played base defense about a third of the time, but it seems that now the packers are saying that their base defense is 3-3. so we have a front six instead of a front seven.
This was common last year were they only played 3 LB's a bunch and played 5 DB's most of the time.

This was common last year were they only played 3 LB's a bunch and played 5 DB's most of the time.

yes, i know. that's why i said " i know that we only played base defense about a third of the time". my point is that the packers have apparently done away with the pretense that they are a 3-4 team, and it should be no surprise that they can't get any pressure on opposing qbs.

yes, i know. that's why i said " i know that we only played base defense about a third of the time". my point is that the packers have apparently done away with the pretense that they are a 3-4 team, and it should be no surprise that they can't get any pressure on opposing qbs.
Packers go to a 1-2-8 team Clark only guy on the DL, Smith's as the LB's and then 8 DB's LOL

If you look at the numbers Z Smith and Clark who were #1 & #3 in sacks last year are pretty much on pace to match their numbers. The difference is Preston Smith is back to the inconsistent player he’s been his entire career. One year up next year production down around 50% then back up. I know I’m beating a dead horse but other than Clark there is not one DL who can eat up blockers and free guys to apply pressure.

Back