Post Game Thread: GB defeats TN 40-14

DEF was impressive for once. Dillon had a good game. Let's see if he can do it again or if it's just a fluke.

On to CHI... I don't risk Arod and Adams for a #1 seed.. But that's just me. Lose either of them and you can kiss any playoff wins goodbye. But it's CHI so I doubt they rest...

The Good
  • Rodgers and Adams. I know it gets old but Adams is the most complete WR in the league. His footwork is a teaching video
  • It’s one game but Dillon looked the part. Now get consistent and this backfield in the playoffs will be scary
  • OL played very well. Just consistent
  • D was solid and at times spectacular. Helps to play against a team that’s basically one demential but they slowed Henry
The Bad
  • Someone needs to take the pressure off Adams. The WR is just pedestrian, I know it’s old news but I worry that’s out kryptonite
  • Got bailed out on the FG block. Each week it’s something and I the playoffs it’s big
  • Fans in stands. With the score and snow would have been a Lambeau classic
The Rest
  • We are 12-3

The Packers D had a moment of weakness at the end of the half and start of the 2nd half but overall played very well. They went in with the mindset saying we will stop Henry and challenge Tannehill to beat us and was clear that was the right choice. I give the D a ton of credit for being able to limit Henry.

Rodgers and Adams are the best duo in the NFL hands down.

AJ Dillon showed why the Packers are not going to resign Aaron Jones.

The Packers ST has issues. Part of this I blame on a bad late hire for the ST coach.

Packers had a complete game but now need to make sure they carry this game over into next week and beat the Bears who are playing for their playoff lifes. While homefield may not be that important this year with no fans in the stands. It is important to get that bye week since the Packers had the very early bye this season.

Rodgers won MVP in 2011. You look at his current stat line compared to the 2011 stat line and it is almost the same with him just having more yards.

The result wasn't surprising, but the margin and the way they got there was. I fully expected another nail biter and after the Titans scored to open the 2nd half I figured I would be right. Not so fast. They really responded after that and just buried the Titans. For once, no tearing the stuffing out of the arms of the Lay-z-boy in the 4th quarter.

With a healthy o-line and running back group we could finally have a formidable running game. Mind you, Tenn. was not a top run defense, but still, this would hopefully be something they can rely on compared to the past.

Agree that WR is our Kryptonite. Lazard, MVS and St. Brown just don't scare people and don't make more than a few plays every game. Better defenses will find ways to slow down Adams and unless those guys can play above their heads or we can pound the ball, it'll be our undoing.

I see Tim Boyle got to get soem kneel downs. Good thing too he might have started to get rusty lately LOL.

The result wasn't surprising, but the margin and the way they got there was. I fully expected another nail biter and after the Titans scored to open the 2nd half I figured I would be right. Not so fast. They really responded after that and just buried the Titans. For once, no tearing the stuffing out of the arms of the Lay-z-boy in the 4th quarter.

With a healthy o-line and running back group we could finally have a formidable running game. Mind you, Tenn. was not a top run defense, but still, this would hopefully be something they can rely on compared to the past.

Agree that WR is our Kryptonite. Lazard, MVS and St. Brown just don't scare people and don't make more than a few plays every game. Better defenses will find ways to slow down Adams and unless those guys can play above their heads or we can pound the ball, it'll be our undoing.
Packers WR's not named Adams last night were 5 of 5 with 1 TD for 40 yards.

Back