Post Game Thread : Green Bay Shuts Out Buffalo 22-0

The offense has a long way to go. Until Arod practices on a regular basis I would exspect a subpar performance as we have seen so far this season. Can't believe how Buffalo man handled the Vikings and looked lost this week. Don't know why but some teams just match up better against certain teams than others. Biils QB was defiantly gun shy in this game and didn't look any where close to last week. Maybe he was worried about CM3 and his illegal hits.

Nice rebound win by the Packers. If capers was still the D coordinator we wouldn’t have held that shutout. Bills would have made a comeback and we would have won 22-21

Good to see Rodgers more like his regular self. I've been afraid that the injury could linger for a long time.

Rodgers QB rating has taken a huge dip. It's not on him as much as the talent around him, and the ignorance in coaching. Watching McCarthy's scripted plays tells me he he honestly believes he's so brilliant that changing up RBs like he does, and running predictable plays with each of them, can't be seen by defenses.

As far as our situation at TE, I'm not really sold on #80. He drops a lot of balls, doesn't cut off defenders who can challenge for passes, and his blocking is something straight out of a Charlie Brown special. Go ahead, blast me for this, I don't care. I've watched him 4 games now and think Jimmy is one of those likeable guys who talks a good game, but just ain't doing it on the field anymore.

As for our DBs, they can do so well on some plays and totally get schooled on the next. It's almost as if they're not in tune with the defense.

At last! Watched them finally use a huge assortment of different looks and blitzes. Seven sacks? Even though it was the Bills, that's good.

Ugly win but it keeps GB just behind CHI.

Arod accuracy is off in a big way ... That more than mobility may be the biggest issue with his injury ...

Graham is not worth the money ... For that price should have kept others. Letting Cook go cpuple years back looks worse and worse every game.

Those rookie WR couldn't even manage to make themselves productive against the Bills with Adams on lockdown and Hyde out of the game.

Geronimo stepped up at least.

Def. Props for the shutout. But still ugly.

A win is a win. Good confidence booster. On to Det ...

Last edited:
# 1 thought. Nelson went what 5 catches for 48. He looked very pedestrian today so let’s pump the breaks. Not a $10m receiver

#2. Rodgers knee is impacting not only his mobility but footwork. He’s not right maybe 70%

#3 defense was what it was vs an inept offense

It’s a win. Celebrating

# 1 thought. Nelson went what 5 catches for 48. He looked very pedestrian today so let’s pump the breaks. Not a $10m receiver

#2. Rodgers knee is impacting not only his mobility but footwork. He’s not right maybe 70%

#3 defense was what it was vs an inept offense

It’s a win. Celebrating

nelson may not be a 10 mil anymore. Well Cobb isn't either but here we are (Jordy has better stats than Cobb as well if we are looking at stats).. And Graham isn't either, yet here we are.

But OAK is showing that he def has something left to offer.. Like I said, He outscored all of the GB WRs today even with only 48 yards. It isn't all about yards. Speaking of yards his YAC is better than any GB WR as well.. And with Gb's issues in the red zone, he could help. He has trust of Arod and can catch the ball. Something Gb seems to have issues with this year. His contract is one year 7 mill essentially. Gb could have easily paid that. And should have for a team leader and guy with something left. It was a bad move.

GB essentially has 2 WRs right now with Cobb down. Adams and Geronimo. It would sure be nice to have a 3rd WR who could do something ... Today showed the draft picks aren't capable or ready for NFL yet....

Happy with the win. Was not able to watch much in real time - other obligations.

Defense did what it needed to against a young QB who really does not look ready. He should have been on the bench this year. The shut-out would have been much more impressive if the Bills had a better offense, but I still consider it progress in the sense that if Capers was still here he'd have found a way to let the Bills score at least 13 yesterday.

My only real objection to letting Nelson go was that there was no back-up plan. Davis and Janis were not going to replace him and neither was a late round rookie. Allison was a nice find the previous year, and may be better than I thought, but he was not going to replace Jordy. When you have a top QB and rely on your offense to win games you shouldn't be dumping WRs without a solid plan to replace their production. They didn't have one and then went on to compound the problem by waiting until late in the draft to take one/three. Late round rookies that make a significant contribution are rare.

Reactions: TW
Back