Post Game Thread : Packers Defeat Chiefs

• Eddie Lacey is tough as nails.
  • I’m guessing we won’t see Davante Adams for a couple of weeks. It didn’t take much to re-injure that ankle.
  • Ty Montgomery is so close to breaking a return for 6. I can feel it.
  • You can tell it’s a contract year for Casey Hayward because he’s playing like it.
  • Randall Cobb getting the ball while running full speed is fun for us…not for opposing defenses.
  • Aaron Rodgers checks down better than any other QB in the league.
  • Wow! Matthews just salivates over snap counts! He must just sit and watch film of just snaps.
  • All these quick passes week in and out are going to make Defenses creep up and we’re gonna burn them deep. Good luck.
  • I can’t believe I’m saying this but Dom Capers had our D prepared…for the first 3 quarters! I can’t remember a game where the D was this dialed in. Why not follow through on it all 4 quarters?
  • I’m with Jeremy. How did James Jones get cut from 2 NFL teams? His chemistry with Rodgers is beautiful. That’s got something to do with it.
  • Clearly McCarthy wasn’t calling the plays. He would NOT go for it on 4th and 5 even if we were down at the end of the game.
  • KC CB Marcus Cooper was struggling. Rodgers knew it and smelled blood. Rodgers owned that guy today.
  • Did I see Alex Smith just shake Clay Matthews AND Julius Peppers with a spin move?!
  • We almost saw Rodgers “No INTs at home” streak come to an end tonight.
  • It’s a sack party out there! I can just hear Oprah yelling, “You get a sack! You get a sack! You all get saaaaaacks!”
  • They couldn’t get a screen to work and they couldn’t stop our bubble screens. We sniffed out their screens so well that it would even make the Patriots wonder!
  • Congrats to KC on their first passing TD to a WR in probably a decade at this point. Bummed that it was Green Bay that allowed it.
  • Shields turn on the burners to catch Mackline from 20 years out! Didn’t know he was that fast! BURNERS!
  • The fact that this game almost came down to a TD is inexcusable. Our coaches should never take their foot off the gas. Why is that a theme?

Continue reading...

So anyoune else worried about how packers seemed to over pursue on the blitz last night and that if they do that vs Kaepernick he will just step up and start running? Think that the Packers will have to dial back the blitz and go more conservetive and let Kaepernick try to beat them by passing the ball.

I'm not overly concerned about Kaepernick. Clay will be back in the middle more this game. It would be nice to have Burnett back. If I were Kaepernick, I'd be worried

Great game. I was alittle surprised that the Pack was able to score "so easily" in their first two possessions. For the most part the OL was able to keep Aaron from getting to smashed up. Thank God he can run again and escape the pass rush.

I thought the defense played well. They were able to keep Charles in check for the most part.

I went to bed in the 3rd quarter..have to get up early for work. I was very surprised to see that the Packers let the Chiefs back in the game and they scored about 3 more TD's. When I went to bed the score was 31-7. Glad to know that we scored another TD to keep the a 10 point lead.

ST teams seemed to do ok. But darn those penalties.

All in all it turned out better than I expected. I will try to catch it again on the NFL network if they show it again.

1. The offense and defense were both well-prepared for this game. Complete team effort by all units. They had KC figured out and did a fabulous job overall in real time. Players and coaches all deserve "propers" for that.
  2. I beef that "prevent defense" time means not giving up the big play to opponent PLUS not allowing them to score points and clearing them off the field the entire football game.
  3. Dirty laundry all those flags and penalties - some questionable - some deserved. Way too much laundry. Hoping some officiating penalty film clips plus that one play where the officials over generously spotted a KC ball are sent in to the NFL from this game by the Packers.
  4. Packers still dealing with injury attrition both the serious kind (guys on IR) and the nagging lesser ones (active guys) that still takes a time to get healthy.
  5. Aaron Rodgers was a good kind of football monster in leadership, moxie and performance last night. Like Aaron Rodgers sub-conscious saying "Welcome to Green Bay Alex Smith - and goodbye now - have a long flight home."
  6. You all know that I am a fan of early season winning and how much they may count when it gets to the end of season stretch and getting to the post-season. The Packers have gone into their forest, sawed some appropriate trees down, and chopped some good firewood ready for winter time!
  7. On to San Francisco! - This was a terrific win at home! Here's a cheer for the Packers - #GoPackGo - WIN! - Kaye

It was a win GB is 3-0, so much of what we can discuss now is nitpicking. Overall a lot of good things in that game.

The prevent D did it's job in taking a lot of time off the clock. But on the other hand I agree with K, you're not supposed to let them score too. But after such a fast start i can see how they could lose the edge a bit. Come payoff time they better play 110% balls to the wall all game or that other team will come back.

Great job by Joe Thomas, stepping in and contributing so quickly.

Another great game by Elliot. A lot of us saw something in him that first camp, and now we're seeing what TT and his scouts saw.

I like how physical Monty is when blocking downfield. Sure they got him for a few flags, need to clean that up, but otherwise I like what he brings.

For some reason Arod has this effect on Jones that elevates him to a different level. With any other QB he's just a medicore WR. Plus, maybe he's pissed that he got cut by 2 WR needy teams earlier.

Are their any negatives? Sort of. Some mental stuff but hopefully that takes care of itself as the season goes on.

Other is the OL.. Sure the stats will make them look decent. But I think Arods ability to move, and his quick release made them look better than they really were. Arod was making alot of plays after being flushed or being forced to move.

I'm not sure what the heck Zook did to Masthay. But you can count me in the "getting worried" camp. he just doesn't look like he used to.

To wrap up.... The coordination, and the need for every player on the field to be in tune with everyone else, to pull off a big play on an offsides, or to quick snap to catch them with 12 men on the field is tough enough to do once. But to do it multiple times a game, for 2 games in a row? That's damn impressive.

Great job by Joe Thomas, stepping in and contributing so quickly.

Now that I know who the correct Joe Thomas is - fab job alright last night. Packers had so many players that contributed and clicked on all units. Just makes me pump my fists in the good way of all the great contributions the players made. It was TEAM! Love it when the Packers play TEAM!

On the aside - Packers Radio Network - pre-game show - they asked who are the biggest contenders for the Packers - a couple items - one said that AZ is playing so tough right now they are downright embarrassing their opponents (like on the scoreboard) - I would not mind the Packers doing that also and I would dearly mind any game where the Packers are the "embarrassed opponent". The second thing on the aside - the other team mentioned was something like - another said "we have to remember to take care of Minnesota" - the Vikings are playing solid football and they are in our NFC North division. I remembered quite aways back when many of you said the Vikings would be coming on this year and I could not quite believe that then. I do need to give to you board members some proper respect for having said that so far in advance.

Feels GREAT for we Packers fans to have this #VictoryTuesday - Kaye

The prevent D did it's job in taking a lot of time off the clock. But on the other hand I agree with K, you're not supposed to let them score too. But after such a fast start i can see how they could lose the edge a bit. Come payoff time they better play 110% balls to the wall all game or that other team will come back....

nah. that never happens.

It looks to me like they learned nothing in the playoff game at Seattle. Put the pedal to the metal and KEEP it there! 31-7 and end up winning 38-28??? The defense looked incredible and it's like they think they have it all wrapped up and stop playing with fire. 4th and 5 at midfield...should have punted and pinned them deep. Don't get that call.

Nit picking? Probably. But the 15-1 team a few years ago did the exact same things. I loved the win...but it feels familiar. We're very fortunate we have # 12. Love that guy! Hope he stays healthy!!! Best player in the NFL, hands down. 23 teams are still kicking themselves!

Back