Post Game Thread : Packers hold off Lions 34-27

That was umm. Interesting. Can hold on against the Lions. But again better teams that turns into a Loss.

Savor the win. Fix the little things .. and for f*****$^$^$& sake will somebody please take that damn prevent Def out of capers playbook and burn the damn thing!

That was umm. Interesting. Can hold on against the Lions. But again better teams that turns into a Loss.

Savor the win. Fix the little things .. and for f*****$^$^$& sake will somebody please take that damn prevent Def out of capers playbook and burn the damn thing!
Why did Packer fans at Lambeau start booing in the 4th quarter even though the team was up by 7 points?
The answer is fans are tired of the hang for dear life after taking a big lead play calling. Most fans know MM can't call a game after taking a significant lead.
Packer fans are sick of it.

Last edited:
Agreed completely PackerShrine. I heard that too. I thought it was kind of funny.

Well, I am going to chalk this up to all the defensive injuries. We could not get off the field in the second half and that is why our offense could not get in rhythm. On the other side, we don't have as a good of depth at corner as we thought.

thumbsup

Lacy- 6 yard per carry average. MM still could have used him more.
Rodgers- Looked better today. Got rid of the ball quicker at times and used his feet well.
O-Line- No sacks and Lacy over 100 yards. Can't ask for much more than that
Nelson- He looks like he is getting more in sync with AR. 4 TD's in 3 games.
Rip- I like him more and more every game.
Daniels- He is a beast. Now just tackle the QB for a sack.
Perry- Another good game. Coming into his own.
Martinez- I just liked the cut bloody nose. boxing(

titanic(

Randall- This kid needs to get better quick. WOW. Two horrible games in a row. Put Gunter in.
Rollins- He is not much better. Getting beat consistently as well
Hyde- Still cannot cover a TE
The whole secondary- Yeah, I am calling them all out. Even in zone coverage Jones kicking the podo( out of us.

Let's get healthy on the buy week and come back strong against the Giants.

Why did Packer fans at Lambeau start booing in the 4th quarter even though the team was up by 7 points?
The answer is fans are tired of the hang for dear life after taking a big lead play calling. Most fans know MM can't call a game after taking a significant lead.

MM plays scared with a lead. He plays not to lose, he doesn't play to win.

Great first half but you could feel the momentum shift with that long TD to Jones with about 30 seconds left in the half. That momentum shift was solidified when Detroit came out and scored with their first possession. After that, it seemed they had the Packers defense figured out. 31-10 to end the first half and it ends up 334-27 win? Not sure what to say about that. Another perfect storm of the defense and offense, of the opposing team, having made perfect adjustments with the Packers having no answers. Injuries definitely played a part but the offense seemed to fizzle out. Run defense continues to be stout but the pass defense is getting gashed. Megatron who? M. Jones had 205 yards.

Totally agreed. The Packers football games are becoming like a B list movie everyone has seen a million times before. There's a reason everyone on chat was expecting us to go conservative. I sometimes feel like Bill Murray when he's stuck in time during the movie groundhog day when I watch us play. When's the calendar finally going to change?

Randall- This kid needs to get better quick. WOW. Two horrible games in a row. Put Gunter in.
Rollins- He is not much better. Getting beat consistently as well
Hyde- Still cannot cover a TE
The whole secondary- Yeah, I am calling them all out. Even in zone coverage Jones kicking the podo( out of us.

Great overall post CB. Secondary taking a step backwards. Was getting tired of seeing Ebron torch Hyde and Jones run wild in the secondary. Daniels is fantastic as well as the run defense. Perry has impressed me so far too.

I'm not going to beat up MM for the second half. They had four drives - the first was promising but got killed by a Bulaga holding penalty and resulted in a FG, the last iced the game. In between were two punts - the first of those drives started out well on the ground, and ended on a Cobb dropped pass that would have been good for a first. The second, fine, you can ding MM for being conservative, but that drive started when AR drove the ball into Trevor Davis' chest for what would have been a nice gain but he dropped it. Then MM went conservative.

Put that second half on Dom Capers and the secondary. Detroit had drives of 12 plays and 10 plays to get back into it, and threw the ball completely at will. Zone, man, mixed - didn't matter, Stafford knew exactly what was coming.

Otherwise the most important throw of the game was Aaron to Jordy for Jordy's second TD. That's the kind of throw and catch that was missing last year, and right out of the 2014 playbook. Great route and throw, hopefully the kind that gives both players some good confidence.

Back