Pre/Post draft notes

Terranimal

Reaction score
Been super busy between work and personal. Have read thru the threads before and after the draft. All of everyone's predictions and Post draft comments. Appreciated all as it kept me connected.

Now living in WI would and still try to have local sports on radio covering the Pack, especially pre draft. So this draft shocked me also.

Pack had shown a lot of interest in UW's RB Taylor and LBer Baun. Some had talk of Taylor going in Rd 1 to Pack

But the late first Rd pick talk was of DL Blacklock. With the 9ers carving us up with the run, though not sexy, this pick would have made a lot of sense. While most were preaching LBer, games are won in the trenches and we could have used another stud besides Clark.

But like everyone else I really thought we would go WR. So much so did my homework on them. All for not it turns out. But my top WRs list was Reagor (surprised he went where he did before us) probably best route runner in draft. Higgins and Mims rounded out my Rd.1-2 list. Rumor from Packer was Mims was the target. Edwards was Rd 3 target who when dust settles in 3 years and continue to develop could end up being best WR from this class. Had Cephous as late Rd possible. Note on him was he worked out and learned a lot from Jerry Rice.

Now on to Love. Personally thought Eason was the target and shocked at Love. Was ok with it after shock wore off but not the rookie GM mistake I've given up a extra pick and moving up in the draft when nobody else is going to do it. also not addressing one of the major needs on the team bewildered me to not take a wide receiver somewhere and not give our defense help.

2nd Rd pick Dillon was a bit of a shock also. Right now he's a two down battering ram who needs to learn to block and never wasn't thrown to in college.

By most boards out it would seem we reached early on most players. So this looked more like a Thompson draft then a Wolf one.

This staff is either going to look smarter then everyone else when these picks pan out, or they will be out of a job in 2-4 yrs of they don't.

Ok for the salt in the wound. Some have Rodgers leaving either next yr or following yr. But that's anyone's guess but the team most figure he will go to? Coach B and the Pats.

Last edited:
Back