QB Pool Now and Future

FlaPack

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Reaction score
While I still hold that the over all QB pool is poor some things that are noticeable in the first 3 weeks of both the collage and pro seasons

• College kids are playing earlier. Fromm at Georgia, Tua at Alabama, Lawrence at Clemson. And go back to Rosen and Darnold they played as Frosh. They are more prepared coming in
  • Goff and Wentz were not ready but they had coordinators / coaches that were innovative and adapted to their skill set.
  • Sure there is spread run but Saban knows what he has and has adapted, same at Clemson, same at Ohio State
All in all I think the position is in much better shape than I felt last year but the question is this. There will be openings in the NFL, we know the drill. Are there guys who can come in and be innovative and fit the kids in and give them a chance to succeed or will the league play recycle the coaching pool? That to me is a bigger issue than the talent coming up

Trevor Lawrence and Fromm I've seen live. Lawrence has a huge upside... big kid 6'6 but he can really jet when he needs too. I'm not as sold on the talent as Pack but he's right for these young guys to have a shot they need the right coaching staff and system.

New guy on my radar screen for next draft..... Ryan Finley, North Carolina State

This year's crop of rookies has been pretty solid so far. Too early to know for sure.

Back