QB Prospects

let his ass sit, don't let the inmates run the asylum especially one with no equity
BUT that's exactly what Brett Favre tried to do; he may have had a bit of equity, but he tried to flex his power to force a trade to where he wanted to go. Pack, you mentioned earlier in this thread about how the organization messed up his trade; I'm on the other side and agree with RB. BF burnt up most of his "trade equity" with a few years of retirement talk, so when he actually did retire, but then come back - he had 0 equity left.

BUT that's exactly what Brett Favre tried to do; he may have had a bit of equity, but he tried to flex his power to force a trade to where he wanted to go. Pack, you mentioned earlier in this thread about how the organization messed up his trade; I'm on the other side and agree with RB. BF burnt up most of his "trade equity" with a few years of retirement talk, so when he actually did retire, but then come back - he had 0 equity left.
And I think Favre earned that right. Thompson would not trade him to anyone on the schedule but at the same time they were prepared to move on. Thompson mixes the Tampa trade. What’s the worry, if you think you can’t win with him why worry if he can beat you.
We should not try to read into these guys minds about retirement. It’s a complicated decision. The guy was the face of the franchise.

And I think Favre earned that right. Thompson would not trade him to anyone on the schedule but at the same time they were prepared to move on. Thompson mixes the Tampa trade. What’s the worry, if you think you can’t win with him why worry if he can beat you.
We should not try to read into these guys minds about retirement. It’s a complicated decision. The guy was the face of the franchise.
Favre never liked Ted made it known screwed with the Packers saying he wanted to come back just to back out again. Why should have Ted worked with him when Favre was an ass to Ted and the team they owed Favre nothing.

Favre never liked Ted made it known screwed with the Packers saying he wanted to come back just to back out again. Why should have Ted worked with him when Favre was an ass to Ted and the team they owed Favre nothing.
Favre busted his ass for this organization, played hurt and was the face of the franchise before Ted got the gig. And who knows if Ted was an ass to Favre, not like Ted was MR Personality. Not every player likes the GM and not every GM likes every player. It’s a business not a personality contest. To say the organization owed Favre nothing.....no, they did. Mistakes were made on both sides.

Can't say I disagree with Pack's comment. Without Favre, Reggie, Holmgren, and Harlan, we could still be the team of the 70s and 80s, that wasn't competitive. Credit where credit is due, and it was Favre who lit it up and made people believe again.

Yes. The organization did owe Favre respect, and quite honestly, it wasn't there. They looked at him as being nothing but an aged player, and that's not how you treat someone like him.

There was a time I had a lot of respect for the Dallas Cowboys. That was back in the days when Tex Schramm owned them, and Tom Landry was head coach. They worked hard, and became winners. The day Jones took over, and unceremoniously fired Landry, I became one of those who wish nothing good for the Cowboys.

It's respect. We all deserve it, in our lives.

Back