Rashan Gary Progress

Another video from Larry. Shows a couple plays we haven't seen before. Looks pretty good.

I think you have to hope he’s like Everson Griffin or Cam Jordan. Same build, they were both slow starters as well. No doubt he had a disappointing year but personally it didn’t bother me all that much. Pass rush stats are dependent on rush opportunities and there weren’t many good reasons to take the Smiths off the field. That said, if you don’t see some serious progress out of him next year, you’re unlikely to ever see it. Just the way it works.

Seeing him hustle to pursue downfield is a good sign imo.

Seeing him hustle to pursue downfield is a good sign imo.

That's a useful thing for any player to do but he's gotta produce more. I'm looking for him to be in the 5-8 sacks range next year.

Gary taking the heat but Savage wasn't exactly Earl Thomas out there either. If the D is going to improve, both of those guys need to play a lot better. I am almost always an optimist when it comes to young players (because really, why not?) so I feel good but no doubt they are question marks right now.

That's a useful thing for any player to do but he's gotta produce more. I'm looking for him to be in the 5-8 sacks range next year.
To me it suggests he's giving his best effort. He's not pulling a Montravius. Not to jinx of course. Let's see him keep that up.

Gary taking the heat but Savage wasn't exactly Earl Thomas out there either. If the D is going to improve, both of those guys need to play a lot better. I am almost always an optimist when it comes to young players (because really, why not?) so I feel good but no doubt they are question marks right now.
Tell you what man.

Our DBs start hanging on to some of these INTs and we could witness something historic. Again, not to jinx, but I never saw so many dropped INTs in my life before this past season. Get King and Alexander on the jugs machine.

As for Savage, it looked like he was always a half step late in closing on the ball. But he was a rookie. Remember that INT Jarrett Bush made in the SB? He saw it happening and closed on it. Savage is gonna specialize in that, with his 4.3. Again, not to jinx. But overall I liked what I saw, and I think it's gonna get better.

Back