Recruiting and NIL

TW

Reaction score
This is one of the points that concerns me. Did Ruiz actually go out and recruit this player to go to Miami? Did the coaching staff point him in that direction? How does all this end up playing out?

Every day this whole NIL situation becomes a little more interesting.

Sure they did, USC and other big schools are using it to recruit everyday. NCAA can't and won't stop it because the courts more or less tied their hands. This is college athletics for the foreseeable future.

This is one of the points that concerns me. Did Ruiz actually go out and recruit this player to go to Miami? Did the coaching staff point him in that direction? How does all this end up playing out?

Every day this whole NIL situation becomes a little more interesting.

I have been following the Ruiz situation and Life Wallet for sometime now. The grey area on all of this is, is the commitment based on inducements, and the NCAA is going to sniff around and look because technically that’s a no no per NCAA statutes. Ruiz has been advised in this process by an attorney who helped write the Florida NIL law so I tend to believe it’s legit.

The portal is a grey area that actually is the real issue with NIL. it’s made it another level of recruiting, more in basketball but even then it’s not like some 4-5 star kids are involved

Sure they did, USC and other big schools are using it to recruit everyday. NCAA can't and won't stop it because the courts more or less tied their hands. This is college athletics for the foreseeable future.
Actually the USC situation is unique. Until last week it did not have a 3rd party collective but entered in an agreement with a media agency , Stay Doubted then that group created a subsidiary BLVD LLC — that will help with the development of NIL opportunities for USC’s student-athletes. It’s basically an in house group that will work with compliance, legal issues with NIL deals, financial advice. It’s genius.

Every USC student-athlete will have the opportunity to opt into a voluntary, non-exclusive NIL representation through BLVD — football players can still arrange their own NIL partnerships outside of this agreement even if they’ve opted into representation. USC will not be a party to those additional agreements.

The difference now is this is being done on top of the table, not under it.

The difference now is this is being done on top of the table, not under it.
Exactly, which is why I have no issues with NIL. It’s also going to keep kids like him around for 3-4-5 years instead of jumping into pro ball. We have seen too many times a kid declares early and is not ready. Are there flaws in the system? Yes but overall it’s working

The College Football Players Association is already in negotiations with the Big Ten.

PSU QB Sean Clifford is leading it. …players want revenue sharing and better medical care.

The College Football Players Association is already in negotiations with the Big Ten.

PSU QB Sean Clifford is leading it. …players want revenue sharing and better medical care.
Oh well. Clarification
645C4B7F-7DA8-4755-B9FA-A7AB7615C027.jpeg

These are amatures but yet want to be paid pros.

Back