Rodgers: Falcons Would Be ‘Lucky’ to Have Hackett as Coach

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
rodgers_on_hackett_interviewing_with_fal-5ff76edec7d4641e23c1ee10_jan_07_2021_20_36_12.jpg

“I think he’s earned it,” Packers coach Matt LaFleur said of Nathaniel Hackett being in the running for the Atlanta Falcons' head coach position.

Continue reading...

Was this anything more lets give him a interview as a favor to let him get his name out there or practice interview for him?

Just a question here. Nothing more. If Hackett leaves, would Bevell be a potential target to take the OC job?

Kind of wondering who might be in the mix. Bevell has been a Rodgers advocate from the day he was drafted, and was his QB coach.

If there's a decent relationship between Bevell and ML, this might be a pretty good choice.

That said, I don't think anyone's going to hire Hackett as a HC.

Just due diligence. Many teams interview a guy to file away for future use down the road and with Zoom calls no expense

Would open the door for ML to hire his brother from SF, if Hackett were to leave.
Just a guess and wild speculation, he goes with Salah if / when he gets a HC gig

Just a guess and wild speculation, he goes with Salah if / when he gets a HC gig
Makes sense, very well could be. But I know the brothers are close and ML tried to hire him last year. I think he'd at least try.

Makes sense, very well could be. But I know the brothers are close and ML tried to hire him last year. I think he'd at least try.
Agree, I just don’t think Hackett get a gig this year

It would be kinda depressing if he did, wouldn't it? Not for the loss from GB, just for what it says about the league.

Back