Sean Richardson Signs Offer Sheet With OAK

I was surprised to read this earlier.

Do you think the Pack might match the offer? Or is he gone?

Hard to say. Normally I'd say TT would match because like I said, these are the types of guys he usually resigns. But this year? I have no clue. In all honesty I think he lets him walk.

Interesting offer from the Raiders, if the $2.55M figure is correct. A second round tender from the Packers would have been just $2.36M. The fact they didn't up their tender enough to ensure compensation if they don't match an offer might be an indication that the Packers don't want to pay him anything more than the minimum tender they gave him.

The fact that he's going into his fourth year and getting a minimum tender for an offer, shows you how the Packers project his value to the club, and his player grade. If the Raiders like him better than the Packers, more power to Sean for getting paid. Perhaps the Packers don't view him as very versatile. Some here were thinking he could be the Will in Nickel coverage. Perhaps they only view him as a strong safety, and are willing to save the money and find another college free agent or two.

I would say let him go.

The only thing that gives me pause is that the Williams and House leaving is likely to cause Hyde to have more of a role at CB

So if Richardson walks, which i imagine he will since GB hasn't made a move yet. That leaves us with

S - only Burnett ad Dix with any game experience
CB/DB - only Shields, Hayward, and Hyde with any game experience.

That's 5 of players protecting your back side that have meaningful NFL game experience. Everyone else is a no name who hasn't proven anything and has no game experience.

Talk about taking a big risk.... And also compounds the fact TT let Rolle go. Who could have helped alot..

yep. huge risk. we got lucky with injuries last year, but to count on that kind of lightning striking twice is not prudent in my opinion.

Back