Should Wisconsin pursue Spencer Rattler in the transfer portal?

But do you say hey we don't want another Zack Wilson and over draft a guy
Wilson was also going round 1. Probably top 10 no matter what. This is not a new phenomenon. Look at Love, hell there’s a long list.

The answer to the thread question is no because:
1. He doesn't fit what PC does
2. We DON'T have the skill position people at WR even if he did come here to be successful

UW has more problems than QB, For the past 25 years Badger fans have bitched about the position to no end, Too much Favre and Rodgers on Sundays have them spoiled, to be honest.

The answer to the thread question is no because:
1. He doesn't fit what PC does
2. We DON'T have the skill position people at WR even if he did come here to be successful

UW has more problems than QB, For the past 25 years Badger fans have bitched about the position to no end, Too much Favre and Rodgers on Sundays have them spoiled, to be honest.
Agree that Favre and Rodgers have spoiled us. But, except for one shining year Bucky's QB play has been below average and we've beaten teams while wishing our QB could do what our opponents does and wondering why we can't get a QB at least as good.

I bit on Mertz. I wish I had been right. I hope he becomes what I hoped. I don't have a lot of optimism any more.

Agree that Favre and Rodgers have spoiled us. But, except for one shining year Bucky's QB play has been below average and we've beaten teams while wishing our QB could do what our opponents does and wondering why we can't get a QB at least as good.

I bit on Mertz. I wish I had been right. I hope he becomes what I hoped. I don't have a lot of optimism any more.
The system at UW isn't set up needing a top-flight QB, Run the FB, stellar defense and solid ST is how Barry built it. People are bitching after that last game but he was "good enough" to win 7 in a row before that. sh))

The system at UW isn't set up needing a top-flight QB, Run the FB, stellar defense and solid ST is how Barry built it. People are bitching after that last game but he was "good enough" to win 7 in a row before that. sh))
Arguably the offensive line played better and Bucky committed to running the ball in the 7. I don't think many thought the turn around was because of Mertz.

To me, it appears he locks in on where he wants to throw it when the play is called, doesn't seem to see things on the line, and doesn't seem to make reads as plays develop. Hopefully, he's still just learning and he'll develop those skills.

But another problem seems to be the predictability of our offense.

Oh well, next year.

Tolzein , Stocco and Stave were not below average.

Back