Texas Tech and the NIL

TW

Reaction score
Imagine 5 donors - Yes, just 5 - who will support a $25,000 per player NIL program at Texas Tech, for 100 players. That obviously includes walk-ons, or at least preferred walk-ons. It only requires them to do some essential community service, and you can bet it will be very limited.

Now, understand, that NIL deal is directly associated with attending Tech, no other school.

Add to this the fact that the sponsors aren't telling these kids that they can't make more, through personal endorsements. It's just a "base" for attending Tech.

This is exactly what's playing out at U Texas. The difference is $50k vs $25k. It's all about who has "easy money" to throw their way, in exchange for ring kissing ceremonies at home games. You have to remember that the majority of these Southern boys with all the money to throw around made it through oil, and they spend it like it was Monopoly money, because there's always more mail-box money heading their way.

Is this the real reason behind the push for alternative energy sources??rofl(

Imagine 5 donors - Yes, just 5 - who will support a $25,000 per player NIL program at Texas Tech, for 100 players. That obviously includes walk-ons, or at least preferred walk-ons. It only requires them to do some essential community service, and you can bet it will be very limited.

Now, understand, that NIL deal is directly associated with attending Tech, no other school.

Add to this the fact that the sponsors aren't telling these kids that they can't make more, through personal endorsements. It's just a "base" for attending Tech.

This is exactly what's playing out at U Texas. The difference is $50k vs $25k. It's all about who has "easy money" to throw their way, in exchange for ring kissing ceremonies at home games. You have to remember that the majority of these Southern boys with all the money to throw around made it through oil, and they spend it like it was Monopoly money, because there's always more mail-box money heading their way.

It’s not just southern boys. The same thing is happening at OSU, Southern Cal and host of other schools.

It’s not just southern boys. The same thing is happening at OSU, Southern Cal and host of other schools.
If you knew some of these good old boys like I do, you'd understand.

If you knew some of these good old boys like I do, you'd understand.
Oh I understand. They money raised at SC and OSU is very competitive with the oil boys

I know a guy who bought a high school football coach an RV worth over $250k, when he retired, as a present for doing a great job for his Alma Mater.

Back