The Passing of Kevin Greene

GBkrzygrl

Reaction score
The NFL and Packer Nation lost a good man. Kevin Greene passed away yesterday. He was only 58yrs old. What a shock. I feel so bad for his family.

I know that we will always remember, It Is Time. Rest in Peace, Kevin. Keeping your family in my prayers.

Was reading how at Auburn he actually first tried to become the punter. When he did not win that job he was offered a job on the Auburn "practice squad" turned it down at first but gave it a chance was moved to defense were the HC there one day saw Greene beating everyone in drills and asked who he was and from there rest was history for him.

i was pretty shocked when i saw the first tweet about it. i really liked him as a player, and i liked him even more as a coach for the packers. i was pretty bummed when he "retired" from coaching - especially since it was sort of a favre-like retirement. it makes me think that he wasn't appreciated by the packers management. anyway, my sincere condolences to his family.

If anyone has sirius radio they have a good radio interview with Kevin Greene. Interview they talk about how he and his brother went to airborn TC together and how he was in the army reserve never knew he served.

Aaron Rodgers talking about how Greene in GB would love to come out and have catch with Rodgers and Flynn before practice.

Back