The Real Packers MVP

Rodgers big issue was he has always had security blanket issue were he forces ball to his #1 WR no matter what we saw that with Jennings/Nelson/Adams. We have seen he gets tunnel vison way to much and will over look other WR's to try to hit his guy.

If I may be a bit esoteric, the real MVP was commitment to the run game. ML goofed it by blowing up the OL group that had gotten into a good rhythm running the ball (Yosh to the bench, Patrick to RG, inserting Turner and Myers both coming off injury), and he goofed it by abandoning the run when Dillon got hurt. I don't know much about Patrick Taylor, but every time he touched the ball this year he ran with murderous intent, and we sure could've used some of that on a snowy cold field at Lambeau. ML has some of that MM thing where he seems unwilling to give guys opportunities until it's too late. Or maybe that issue has to do with the guy that ML and MM had in common at the QB position...?
My fear is that OL cluster #### is a sign of an over reliance on "analytics" .... you know when you read those stories about an old lady driving into a lake because her GPS told her to.

ML couldn't see the forest for the trees...

De'Vondre Campbell and it's not even close, he solidified the middle of the defense and made the scheme function. First time since AJ left they could say that.

Take him and Rasul Douglas out of the lineup during the middle of the season and the only MVP talk in GB is about the local fish fry.
Both were near perfect fits for Barry’s defense, and Barry made good use of them.
Losing them to FA will set this defense back.

Both were near perfect fits for Barry’s defense, and Barry made good use of them.
Losing them to FA will set this defense back.
Campbell is good as gone. Douglas will a team pay him for half a good season after being a journeyman the other part of his careeer?

Campbell is good as gone. Douglas will a team pay him for half a good season after being a journeyman the other part of his careeer?
They know it was the scheme that allowed Campbell to roam, they can get someone to do that. Still, I like him. Haven't had a good coverage guy since Brandon Chillar.

Back