Thrice as Nice: Mason Platter becomes 3rd in-state commit on Monday alone

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
Once was good, twice was great, thrice? Well that is simply insane. After a huge recruiting visit weekend, the Badgers are hitting all the right notes with in-state products.

Following previous commitments from linebacker C.J. Goetz and defensive end Boyd Dietzen, Wisconsin picked up its third in-state verbal commit. This one came from Menomonie, Wis. outside linebacker Mason Platter.

Wisconsin offered Platter on Sunday following an unofficial visit, and the in-state product jumped at the opportunity in front of him to play for the Badgers.

Blessed to say I have received and offer UW Madison today. Honored to given such an opportunity. Extremely humbling #OnWisconsin pic.twitter.com/Oxm4bgL4Ln

— Mason Platter (@Mason__Platter) February 19, 2017

The 6-5, 225-pound linebacker slept on the offer overnight, but appeared that it was just a matter of when, not if for the Badger fan.

“I just knew Wisconsin was the right place for me the second I stepped on campus,” Platter told our recruiting partners Badger247. “The most important part was the coaches. The coaches at Wisconsin are second to none. Plus, you can’t beat that Badger atmosphere.

“It’s always been a dream of mine to play for the Badgers. Madison is an incredible school and it has a hometown feel.”

His offer list wasn’t huge, with only Northern Illinois already offering. However, schools like Iowa, Iowa State and Minnesota became interested in the last few months.

Platter is an unranked prospect by the 247Sports composite as of the time of his commitment to the Badgers. However, his relationship with fellow Menomonie high school product, Alex Fenton, appeared to pay off in getting this offer.

UW has six verbal commitments in the 2018 class and is ranked No. 12 in the 247Sports composite team rankings and well as No. 3 in the Big Ten.

Hitting on the top priority in-state products this early is good news for the bigger products Wisconsin is after. It means more time can be spent on the upper echelon of offers going out and a full-court press sooner than later on the to of the board.

The post Thrice as Nice: Mason Platter becomes 3rd in-state commit on Monday alone appeared first on A Wisconsin Badgers Site.

Continue reading...

Back